Help with paint colors for Moebius kits

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
John Mack

Help with paint colors for Moebius kits

Post by John Mack »

Hello everyone. I am not the greatest model kit builder in the world, but when finished, the kit looks like what it supposed to be lol. I have had my Batman kit from Moebius for a while and only recently opened it. To my surprise, the painting color suggestions were so generic I had to laugh. Batman's cape should be painted blue, his tights gray and so on. Now, I know you can paint the kit using your own interpretations, but seriously? That's it?
So, rant being over, what colors did some of you use? I also will be doing Catwoman. Julie's costume will no doubt be listed as black in the instructions, so how does one get that sparkily look? I asked these questions on another thread but, no response from the board member who started it.
Music. BAT! Music.
hannibal8

Re: Help with paint colors for Moebius kits

Post by hannibal8 »

I finally posted some information in the original thread... ;)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4542&p=47988#p47988

-David