Question about Belt Width??

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Lewis Tully

Question about Belt Width??

Post by Lewis Tully »

I don't want to step on any toes here, but does anyone know the width of the belt? I have ordered Chuck's pattern, and can't wait to get it, but I found a 2 3/4" belt blank today for an unbeatable price and I just couldn't pass it up. It looked right, but can anyone tell me if I have messed up, or if I did right? Like I said, I don't want to step on any toes here, but I am just wondering if I did right, or if I have a worthless strip of leather? :P
yodakiller

Re: Question about Belt Width??

Post by yodakiller »

Lets just say 3" would have been better. Than you could have trimmed it to the correct width. I would wait until you get the patterns before getting any leather. Not any leather will do. You'll see that on the pattern specs.
Lewis Tully

Post by Lewis Tully »

I guess that's what I get for being all over zealous, and stuff! :P I will cool my heels on the belt excitement until the pattern arrives. Thank you for the info!
Batdave

Post by Batdave »

I am working on a belt as well. I have noticed that the belt blanks are not cheap, especially if you buy from a place like Tandy Leather. I can share a tip on what I did. I bought a 6 x 24 inch piece on eBay for only $11. I will cut itch lengthwise to get two 3 x 24 inch pieces Since the belt is in two sections anyway, joined by elastic or Velcro to laced together, you really don't need a single long piece.
dcarty

Post by dcarty »

Clever!