Batgirl Batty Award

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
danbar

Batgirl Batty Award

Post by danbar »

Does anyone have a clear shot of the engraved plaque on the front of the Batgirl "Batty" award? I know we have seen photos of the topper from the original prop. Do photos exist of the base of the original prop? I can get screen grabs from the dvd, but the plaque is not clear on the screen grabs I am able to get.

I believe it says: First Annual "Batty" on the plaque. But I would like to confirm this and get a look at the font used, etc. I'm working on a replica and would like it to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!
A. Pennyworth

Re: Batgirl Batty Award

Post by A. Pennyworth »

screen grab (click to view larger, download), actual prop, statues that are available. I think you are correct in the wording and hope this helps with the font
danbar

Post by danbar »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:02 pm screen grab (click to view larger, download), actual prop, statues that are available. I think you are correct in the wording and hope this helps with the font
Thank you A. Pennyworth! That is a much better screen grab than the one I have. How is your project coming along?
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

No BATTY project for me, someone else either here or on facebook created that white replica bust from an original. Can't find the post or remember who!
Meule

Post by Meule »

I wouldn't mind a replica like that myself
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:47 pm No BATTY project for me, someone else either here or on facebook created that white replica bust from an original. Can't find the post or remember who!
Here's the thread Old Chum... viewtopic.php?t=4888