Replica build of the 1966 Bat Signal

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
ABrescia

Replica build of the 1966 Bat Signal

Post by ABrescia »

I am building a Bat Signal from a 1942 GE WWll search light ( 1989 movie) but had a request to do one for an upcoming show that would match the 1966 Bat Signal. Problem is that I am having trouble matching which light they used in the show. It looks like a 36" Mole-Richardson style stage (movie set) lamp. I can't seem to find the model or manufacture of this signal?

Andy B.
John Mack

Re: Replica build of the 1966 Bat Signal

Post by John Mack »

You may want to PM this board member for ideas. Notice he even has the number 25 on his! Very realistic. Scroll down through his thread. He added close up photos.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4388
Music. BAT! Music.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

ABrescia wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:21 am I am building a Bat Signal from a 1942 GE WWll search light ( 1989 movie) but had a request to do one for an upcoming show that would match the 1966 Bat Signal. Problem is that I am having trouble matching which light they used in the show. It looks like a 36" Mole-Richardson style stage (movie set) lamp. I can't seem to find the model or manufacture of this signal?

Andy B.
I know this is an old thread but I've been searching for this myself for some time. I think you are right about it being a Mole-Richardson but I haven't found the exact model either. The closest I have found are these pictures and they don't have the model #. These appear to have the gear wheel on the side and the double tube support bases.

Did you ever finish your light?

Attachments
Bat Signal A.jpg
SEARCH LIGHT BM.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Great find Randy, will yours be 1:1 scale?
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:23 pm Great find Randy, will yours be 1:1 scale?

Ha! I'm out of room already but I would like it to be hot toys sized or larger. Just wish I had the exact model. This has been done before but never very accurate.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/