Fabric Sourcing to match collectors cowl

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Radioman1017

Fabric Sourcing to match collectors cowl

Post by Radioman1017 »

Hello all,

This is my first post here

I recently picked up the collectors cowl that was released a couple of years back. I would to make a full suit with it but am having trouble sourcing the material and color. I know it's not perfect but it s where I'm going to start.

I've ordered a number of samples off fabric.com but haven't had any luck. I ran into a fella at sdcc who said he used bridal silk and didn't have to dye it. I didn't get a chance to find out where he got it.

I'm heading up to the fashion district in LA in 2 weeks to look around.

I was hoping someone has done this build and can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.

Mark
twthomas

Re: Fabric Sourcing to match collectors cowl

Post by twthomas »

Are you referring to the Mattel cowl?