1966 Batman Utility Belt Project

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
dreddbatfan

1966 Batman Utility Belt Project

Post by dreddbatfan »

I've posted several times about different items that were in Batmans Utility Belt and now I can tell everyone why I'm asking them.This year I started a year long project to make(or have some of them made)items that were in his utility belt.Of course I'm not going to do all of them but some that I like and some that will fit inside the hollow pouches of CY Productions Utility Belt.I'm going to put in the front left the Bat Magnet from the episode "Ma Parker" and the next pouch to it maybe the Bat Gauge from "Hi Diddle Riddle".The right side pouches will have the Smoke Pellets from "The Joker Is Wild" and next to that pouch will be the Anti-Mesmerizing Bat Reflector from "The Thirteenth Hat".I'm making some pouches that will be able to be removed like on the tv series.So far I have Bat-Cuffs,Bat-A-Rang & Bat Laser Gun made.The Bat-Cuffs and Laser Gun were made by Tmmello and the BatARang was made by CY Productions.I'm hoping to have a Bat Hook and Bat Ear Plugs made and I'll make the pouches for them and send them to CY Productions to cover them with yellow vinyl/leather and put straps and snaps on them.I already have the pouches made out of ,032 thick aluminum and I'm having those covered in yellow vinyl/leather now.I may not be able to have the Bat Gauge made because I'm not good at electronics to make it look and work right,so I'm asking what else should I make to fit in the CY Productions Utility Belt Pouch?Any suggestions or comments on making something or what to put in that pouch as an alternate would be greatly appreciated.Thanks for everyones continued support and I'll post pictures as things get done.
unnamed-17.jpg
hollow4.jpg
hollow4.jpg (29.02 KiB) Viewed 3847 times
hollow3.jpg
hollow3.jpg (31.17 KiB) Viewed 3847 times
Jimmy L. 66

Re: 1966 Batman Utility Belt Project

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

May we take a peek at the belt and the pieces you have so far?
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

The Illustration you have above, is that a print? Where is it from?

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

I'll be posting pictures of what I already have done so far soon.As far the illustration goes,I found it here on the message board that someone drew or found themselves.I need message board members help on the Smoke Pellets that Batman used in the episode "The Joker Is Wild".I tried watching the part where Batman takes the Smoke Pellet from his utility belt frame by frame to see what's at the end of the yellow pellet that he's pinching to throw the pellet.I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.It looks like either a pin or some kind of tab that he's holding.If anyone has an idea or can get a screenshot of what it is then let me know so that I can finish up the Smoke Pellets for one of the pouches for 1966 Batman Utility Belt Project.Thanks for any participation that board members can give me,your input is greatly appreciated.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Looking forward to seeing some progress photos! It's quite a respectable challenge you have set yourself, Danny! Best of luck.
To The Batpoles! wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:33 pm The Illustration you have above, is that a print? Where is it from?

=Frank=
The illustration by Kevin Tong was a limited run Mondo art print/poster a few years ago. There was a blue and an orange background variant available at the time. They're long gone from the original run on Mondo's site but they do regularly appear on eBay, for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kevin-Tong-Batm ... 2629082067
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

Found one, thanks!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!