Help with lights/lenses on remote batcomputer

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rickrickrick

Help with lights/lenses on remote batcomputer

Post by rickrickrick »

Hello, folks. I don't like posting for help a lot, but this search has got me flummoxed.

I'm looking for the sort of lights/lenses (with bezels) featured on the remote batcomputer panel on the batmobile's dash.
000785b42e58-c0e7-470a-8.jpg
I've searched "indicator lights," domed indicator lights, panel lights, pilot lights, and just about every variation on those terms, and come up pretty much empty-handed. Does anyone know what these are generically called? Or better yet, have a source? I'm guessing they're 1/2" - 1" in diameter.

My thanks in advance for any assistance!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
SprangFan

Re: Help with lights/lenses on remote batcomputer

Post by SprangFan »

Here's a green one that seems kind of close.
http://www.newark.com/idec/ap6m222-g/pa ... dp/29C8597

And a red one from another vendor.
http://www.tayee-electric.com/product/a ... -lamp.html

Not sure if either is what you're looking for, and I don't see that full range of colors, but I feel like the search term "led indicator pilot lamp" got the closest to what you're looking for. Also "control station indicators" turned up some possibilities, though I couldn't tell if they were for use with specific devices and not good for generic electrical projects like this.

Good luck.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Thanks, SprangFan! Yeah, I'm really looking for ones with silver bezels. SO hard to find! I'll just keep on keeping on, I guess. Thanks, again!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Hi, Rick. Thank you for using a photo of my Remote Batcomputer Switch. Give me a call and I can help you out: 574-722-3237.
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Well, Mark, it wasn't intentional. I purposely avoided the image of it you have on your website - all the others came from a web image search, and none of them were credited, and they all look different, so it's hard to know who made them...
smallremotebatcomputer3.jpg
smallremotebatcomputer3.jpg (97.63 KiB) Viewed 15866 times
small36315742-36315742.jpg
small36315742-36315742.jpg (107.15 KiB) Viewed 15866 times
small000785b42e58-c0e7-470a-8.jpg
small000785b42e58-c0e7-470a-8.jpg (143.63 KiB) Viewed 15866 times
Here's the original - hard to find clear images of it - it actually didn't get much screen time.
remotebatcomputer2.jpg
remotebatcomputer2.jpg (26.05 KiB) Viewed 15866 times
I am not actually looking to make an accurate version for my dash right now - I just need to throw together a quick static fake facade to fill an empty space in my truck where my battery USED to be, before I head to a show next weekend.

RRR
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

Hi Rick,
I think what you are looking for is called: Vintage Beehive lenses dash lights DIALCO . They are 5/8"
Here is a source for them on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AMBER-R ... SwrklVV63T
s-l1600.jpg
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Rick,

All three pics are of my switch, LOL! I'm trying to obey board rules here--give me a call to see how I can help you with lenses...I have dozens of each lens. ;)
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

SteveA wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:06 pm I think what you are looking for is called: Vintage Beehive lenses dash lights DIALCO . They are 5/8"
Here is a source for them on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AMBER-R ... SwrklVV63T
Wow, thanks, SteveA, very helpful. Had no idea they would be so expensive! Good info to have for the future if I ever make a functional replica, but WAY beyond the budget for something I'm basically using to disguise a hole! :lol:

Frustrating that there seems to be no contemporary equivalent. I will continue to look for something that can approximate the look at a quick glance that doesn't have to be a real light.

Also, thank you again, Mark. Sent you an email.

RRR
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

Hey Rick,
You are welcome. I bought a few to make the Smaller Light version of the Shakespeare Bust and the
Original Star Trek Clipboard.
_Steven
beehive_Lights.jpg