FTC Penguin height corrected customized

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
TBolt

FTC Penguin height corrected customized

Post by TBolt »

the too tall FTC Penguin bugged me, along with the off model vest so I fixed those two errors by transplanting the head and most of the clothes to a shorter teen body padded out to make him look like a shorter adult.
also my Catwoman transplanted to a better body and redid the belt to sit lower on her hips.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Meule

Re: FTC Penguin height corrected customized

Post by Meule »

Way to go Joe, that looks a lot better
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

what body did you use for Catwoman?
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Mattel 8 inch Cheetah. Much better than FTC's junk female body.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Nice! Now it's time to fix the color of that Joker costume.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Your Penguin upgrades look so much better, especially in the context of the other villains.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

wally wingert wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:54 pm Nice! Now it's time to fix the color of that Joker costume.
yeah, that's on my list, too. I was thinking of buying a spare suit and using some dye remover and then redying with Rit Fuscia
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Arrrgh! I couldn't stand it! I just shortened my Penguin's legs.

A few months ago, shortening some Laurel and Hardy legs, to make other customs, was very hard, because their legs were solid. Penguin's legs are hollow (just like real birds!), so I simply cut a chunk from each calf with a bread knife, rejoined the pieces with quickset putty, and shortened the hems on the black trousers. Done!

Shorter Penguin with Octopus by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Thanks for the inspiration, TBolt!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

next time you order from FTC get a teen body, it works well, I used the forearms from the original Penguin so the jacket and shirt arms don't need altering. I did have to take up the pants, I may replace them as they are inaccurate, too. Wrong color, should be a very dark grey.
Therin of Andor wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:40 am Arrrgh! I couldn't stand it! I just shortened my Penguin's legs.

A few months ago, shortening some Laurel and Hardy legs, to make other customs, was very hard, because their legs were solid. Penguin's legs are hollow (just like real birds!), so I simply cut a chunk from each calf with a bread knife, rejoined the pieces with quickset putty, and shortened the hems on the black trousers. Done!

Shorter Penguin with Octopus by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Thanks for the inspiration, TBolt!
To the Bat-Elephant!!