My 1966 era BATZOOKA

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
ZAP_POW

My 1966 era BATZOOKA

Post by ZAP_POW »

I purchased my Sonic Blaster toy long ago with the intention of making a 1966 Batman
BATZOOKA.

I found a Blaster , and turned it into the Batzooka, as was used in the Batman Movie in the Batboat Scene as the "Bat Charger", And was also later used as the "Batzooka" only Once in the TV series run.

Found in the Second Season episodes : 76- Penguin is a Girl's Best Friend. 77- Penguin Sets a Trend, and in 78- Penguin's Disastrous End.

It took a little bit of time to create , but I have finally just got it done and thought that I
would share a few photos of it. My version is not perfect, but I think that it would pass as a nice Batman Prop . It looks good in my Batman Collection.

As most of you already know , The props Department for the ABC 1966 T.V. Series and Movie, used a now RARE, 1964 "Agent ZERO-M Sonic Blaster" Toy made by Mattel to
create the Bat Charger , and Batzooka prop.

The toy that i used was a Non -functioning toy , I would never destroy this as working toy,
As they are Very RARE/ Hard to find end expensive ($$) if they do work.
This is the EXACT same toy as used by ABC to create the original screen used Batzooka !!

ZAP POW
Attachments
A (Medium).jpg
B (Medium).jpg
5 (Medium).jpg
6 1964 Agent Zero-M Sonic Blaster Bazooka a (Medium).jpg
vintagematt

Re: My 1966 era BATZOOKA

Post by vintagematt »

Don't mean to be rude but, It seems to be a dark blue in the picture, of course it might just be a reflection, but overall great prop!!!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
ZAP_POW

Post by ZAP_POW »

Most of the Batzooka props that I have seen on eBay and in publicity photos it looks very BLACK to to me.

I will be happy to view YOUR Batzooka when you have complete yours !!

I am sure there will always be those who will find differences in the smallest details , accurate or not and can overlook the item as a whole. IT WORKS FOR ME !
It IS AWESOME addition to my Collection !!

Thank you for your comment.

ZAP POW
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I like it a lot. Great job.

But as for the color comment, you did choose a rather poor photo with blue highlighting. Here's a screen cap that clearly shows without a doubt the Batdepthcharge launcher/Batzooka is black
Attachments
batzooka2.jpg
batzooka2.jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 13948 times
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Ok, thanks I guess I was kind of "brainwashed" since the figures toy company accessory for action figures is dark blue!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great job! A great looking prop to have in your collection!
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Looks great to me! And since it is made from an otherwise broken Sonic Blaster, I guess this counts as recycling, too. Save the planet! ;)
- Boy Genius
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I think it looks FANTASTIC! Well done!
ZAP_POW

Post by ZAP_POW »

Thanks every one for the good input.
Sorry for the Bad Photo .................

Zap Pow
rajung

Post by rajung »

Looks great.
You were lucky to find one with the scope still attached, most if not all that are up for grabs are missing this.
I know when one showed up for auction that I made mine from I had to make one from all sorts of different items. That has to be the hardest restore issue if missing.
Meule

Post by Meule »

The Batzooka looks fantastic, always a pleasure seeing people replicate a prop from the show
rajung wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:47 am Looks great.
You were lucky to find one with the scope still attached, most if not all that are up for grabs are missing this.
I know when one showed up for auction that I made mine from I had to make one from all sorts of different items. That has to be the hardest restore issue if missing.
I'm working on one as well and mine was also missing the scope. I bought one of these scopes and shortened the back end to make it look closer to the original. I did the same thing for my replica Thermodynamic Ice Ray Beam, which was also made with a Mattel Sonic Blaster
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
ZAP_POW

Post by ZAP_POW »

Meule ,

I would love to see pics of YOUR in progress Batzooka , also of your
Thermodynamic Ice Ray Beam.

Good idea with the Scope.

Zap Pow
rajung

Post by rajung »

That is cool, what is the scope you used?
That would have saved me lots of time.
Meule

Post by Meule »

ZAP_POW wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:44 pm Meule ,

I would love to see pics of YOUR in progress Batzooka , also of your
Thermodynamic Ice Ray Beam.

Good idea with the Scope.

Zap Pow
Here's my Thermodynamic Ice Ray Beam
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5857

As far as my Batzooka is concerned, I only just started... not much too see just yet :(
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
ZAP_POW

Post by ZAP_POW »

Meule

Fantastic job on the Thermodynamic Ice Ray, it is a awesome prop!
the color is Fantastic.
How did you create the Icicle effect.

Just a silly question , what led you to create the Thermodynamic Ice Ray Beam first , and not the Batzooka ?

Zap Pow