Wayne Family Crest patch...

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
wally wingert

Wayne Family Crest patch...

Post by wally wingert »

I've decided to have an embroiderer make up some Wayne Family Crest patches. They'll be 4" tall. They won't be quite as ornate as these, but they'll convey the same idea.

As near as I can tell, the patch they used on the show is an RAF Ordnance Division patch. Which makes total sense, considering Jan Kemp was British. It was probably something he had lying around in his father's old things (just guessing here) and decided to use it for the Bruce Wayne blazer.

Legend has it that the words on the scroll (as Adam would tell it) translated to Art, Money, Nonsense. But the translation on the actual Latin words on the RAF ordnance patch is something about "those who would do wrong should fear us" (loose translation). I'm not sure if the production staff would have spent the extra money from their budget on such an insignificant inside joke, or if Adam was having some fun in his telling of the tale.

Regardless, I've redesigned the patch (with the help of Scott Sebring) to look like this. The words down below in the three bands of the scroll translate to Art, Money, Nonsense. But the words in the circle translate to "My costumer friend" (on the left), and on the right side is JRK 4-15-2003 (for James Richard Kemp April 15, 2003 - the date of his passing). I thought it was a nice little "inside" tidbit of my own. I'll pop this on a Navy Blue blazer and redress the mannequin in the Hollywood Museum when I get a chance.

I can't wait to see how these come out!!
Attachments
Bruce Wayne Patch FINAL.jpg
mwilbury

Re: Wayne Family Crest patch...

Post by mwilbury »

Very cool!
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

LOVE it Wally!

Very Nice Job indeed!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

That's really fun!

But you know what, "Those who do wrong should fear us" is appropriate for Wayne (and his ward) too!

On a side note, where would one find a cravat in this day and age?
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

That's really cool, Wally. Any chance they will be for sale?
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I am blown away by how cool these are Wally
Crevats you can find online, or in a better mens store.
I got mine from Amazon.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

You can easily find ascots on ebay or amazon....I got the one I used for the Bruce Wayne mannequin on ebay. A really nice eggplant (or was it plum?) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gentleman-styl ... 25de12dc11

We had a lot of fun with our ascots on the night the exhibit opened at the museum. The museum staff saw my friends James, Mark and I wearing them the night I screened BV2F at Warner Brothers, and they wanted to buy ascots for all the collectors who contributed items.

If the patches come back and look decent, I'll probably let a few go for sale to interested parties. But I'm not sure yet.

Here's a shot of a few of us "millionaire/philanthropists" from the opening night gala...
Attachments
Bat Opening (114a).jpg
Bat Opening (109a).jpg
Bat Opening (125a).jpg
Bat Opening (156a).jpg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This turned out so nicely! Glad you worked Jan in there.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Nice!!
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

That crest is beautiful and, being British-based, is very similar to the crest of my old Canadian military regiment.

As for ascots, we also wore them in the regiment. Ascots - brought to you by Bruce Wayne and Fred of Scooby-Doo from Back In The Age of Cool! 8-)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"