Egghead tailcoat pattern?

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
wayoutjunk

Egghead tailcoat pattern?

Post by wayoutjunk »

I'm looking at the possibility of dressing up as Egghead for Halloween this year. Is there anyplace I could get a pattern for the particular style of tailcoat that he wears?
Therin of Andor

Re: Egghead tailcoat pattern?

Post by Therin of Andor »

I would be inclined to check out some costume hire places (sometimes they sell excess costumes), and second hand clothes stores. A tailor could also adapt an existing coat/pattern.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Professional theater companies sometimes have costumes available for rent as well. Sizes can be limited to whatever was made for cast member(s), but they're often designed with re-use in mind, and so crafted in ways that allow for size adjustments. Sometimes there are lots of variants (e.g. military uniforms, e.g.) A company that stages big musicals might have a batch of tailcoats.
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

Let me explain the situation I'm in. I've been cast as the Mayor of Whoville in a local production of Seussical the Musical. The director wanted to use white and yellow in my costume, and on a whim I suggested a version of Egghead's outfit. Turns out the director is cool with that, and the assistant director knows a seamstress who wants to give it a try. I've given her pictures, and I've told her she can borrow my Egghead figure for reference, but I was hoping to find a pattern for a cutaway coat to help her out. I'm going to check the patterns at some of the local fabric stores, but I was curious to know if somebody knew of one either online or that I could buy. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :-)