Surf Trunks

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
twthomas

Surf Trunks

Post by twthomas »

I have three full Batman costumes now and my 66 is by far the most authentic. I cosplayed 66 at gencon this year with the bomb and had a great response. Next year I want to do surf-bat and cannot find the trunks or material to make the trunks. Anyone know of any sources?
Therin of Andor

Re: Surf Trunks

Post by Therin of Andor »

I read a piece where someone got their sister to handpaint the design on fabric to create him some Bat Baggies.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Bat Roy

Post by Bat Roy »

Yep that was me,I cosplayed as Surfs up version for my 30th birthday I made the surf board and my sister painted the yellow shorts that she made from yellow fabric and painted the symbols on from screenshots of the episode.Goodluck with the build Old Chum :D.
small surfsup.JPG
small surfsup.JPG (127.79 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Therin of Andor wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:50 pm I read a piece where someone got their sister to handpaint the design on fabric to create him some Bat Baggies.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Excellent work!!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info