1940's Serial Art

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Keith Mayo

1940's Serial Art

Post by Keith Mayo »

Bought the two 18"x12" lobby cards. Printed off the rest myself.
Attachments
41949943_2446423072051037_7410086867967672320_o.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
vintagematt

Re: 1940's Serial Art

Post by vintagematt »

That's great, I've been wanting to reproductions of some of the serial ad posters for a while...but I guess I could just print them off myself!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Keith, can you imagine how much those would be worth if they were original? Whew!
Music. BAT! Music.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

The long one with the red background was hard to make. Had to print each half on a separate piece of photo paper and them match up the edges to make one photo.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That one in the middle left is one I did years ago, although it’s been squished down. The one under it is the one with The Joker in the place of Daka.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:37 pm That one in the middle left is one I did years ago, although it’s been squished down. The one under it is the one with The Joker in the place of Daka.
Great work as usual, Andy. You're serial booklet is what got me interested in the serials which then led to my new interest in the original Batman of '39. I've started collecting 1st appearance figures and books on Batman's early history. I thank you, but my wallet doesn't! :-)

Wish I could figure out a way to make the Joker/Daka into a 36" poster without losing all the detail during the blow up.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Check out ha.com they had a super high res scan of it at one time.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:35 pm Check out ha.com they had a super high res scan of it at one time.
Wow, Andy! You just keep feeding all this great info on the serials. Can't thank you enough!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

John Mack wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:58 pm Keith, can you imagine how much those would be worth if they were original? Whew!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Adventures ... SwSwNbNnAS
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Wow! Second mortgage anyone? Lol
Music. BAT! Music.