Birthday card from co-worker

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
TP-6597

Birthday card from co-worker

Post by TP-6597 »

It was my birthday two days ago and a co-worker drew me a birthday card. He’s a very talented artist, largely sculpture and sketching. He’s had pieces in a local gallery, and has an incredible talent for taking two-dimensional characters and realizing them in three dimensions. He also does action figure sculpting for custom pieces, and finally, is a big reader follower of pop culture.

He was in my building Thursday (we have more than one) and while passing through the mailroom, which happens to be on the floor of the building I’m in, drew this card from available paper and markers. He knows I’m a huge Batman nerd, with a particular love of the 1966 version.

Anyway, here’s the card. I took it home to show my wife (she’s seen his gallery work before), but I’ll take it back to my office and display it properly. This was just a matter of minutes with available markers. And yes, I realize you’ll now know my name and birthday. :)

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
elmrgraham

Re: Birthday card from co-worker

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.
Meule

Post by Meule »

That is awesome Phil, congrats. And happy birthday
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Happy belated birthday old chum. Great card!
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Thanks guys. If he does anymore Batman stuff, I’ll post it.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”