anti mesmerizor bat reflector

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
batman1989

anti mesmerizor bat reflector

Post by batman1989 »

Hi anyone got any tips how to make this ?? What do you cut glass with ?? Thanjs
DrewMasie

Re: anti mesmerizor bat reflector

Post by DrewMasie »

The Anti-Mesmerizer is available on Etsy. The maker says it is "laser cut acrylic", so that's one way. https://www.etsy.com/listing/464745651/ ... ome_feat_3

Other than that, I've seen tutorials on YouTube where they cut glass with a Dremel with a diamond bit, so that may be a possibility. It may be easier to use acrylic mirror (i.e. plexiglass) instead of glass, but I don't really have any experience with cutting either one.

Another option is to cut the shape out of whatever material you want and use something like this as the reflective surface: https://www.amazon.com/12x78Chrome-Mirr ... 0792190210
dell

Post by dell »

If someone wants to do the work of drawing this in CAD software and sourcing the material (I can buy it, but I need to know what it is), then I can have it laser cut. I know a small factory that will let me use their laser cutter for free. Then just pay me for material and postage.

Just thinking out loud, I would probably need to cut the nonreflective side as the reflective side would scatter the laser beam. I would cut as many as would fit on the sheet of material if you want. I think the sheet would need to be no bigger than 18 X 30.

Here is a sample of something I had done at this shop. I play a miniatures tank game and needed a place to keep my stuff. I made this box and used the laser to etch the wood on the cover. The trays were also laser cut from heavy cardstock.

dell
batman1989

Post by batman1989 »

Ok thank you very much for the info :))
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Hi guys,
Does anyone have an email for the owner of the Etsy site with the anti-mesmerizer?
I've just seen he is located in Sydney Australia, so wanted to get in touch re his wonderful Bat props...
Thanks for any help.
Terry
dell

Post by dell »

You could contact him on Facebook. Just use the link on the Etsy page.
dell
Meule

Post by Meule »

I bought one from him in Etsy, love mine... Sly is also working on a lot of other Bat props
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
batman1989

Post by batman1989 »

Briliant i just finished mne cut it out of mirror acrylic with a jigsaw bit of a pain but overall came out very well
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Hi all,
Tried to get in contact with Sly via the Etsy link, but the link is now coming up with a message 'no longer available'.
Can anyone who has previously purchased from him please PM me an email contact? Much appreciated.
Thanks,
Terry
Meule

Post by Meule »

You can find Brad on Facebook under the name Hero Central or on Instagram as slybatman
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe