Holy spandex batman!

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Chuck Williams

Re: Holy spandex batman!

Post by Chuck Williams »

The tights you will have to dye to get the color close to what was used.
We have some fabric being manufactured now in the right color but it's still weeks away.

A stretch-woven satin fabric or a knitted stretch satin/Moleskin spandex/Jumbo spandex is what you need to use for the blue parts of the costume except the cape which is a regular satin fabric.

There is no one place to find any of these. You will have to get samples from online or local fabric stores to find the color and finish you prefer.
Several leads are in this thread.... :)
Chuck...
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

After reading this post I'm a little confused on what type of material that I need for the gloves and for the cape.I usually get my material from SpandexWorld or SpandexHouse and I usually get samples from them.I need my gloves and cape made and it's going to be hard to have them made because of my disability in my hands.I'm on a fixed income from social security and I want to make sure that I get the right type of material and color for the samples so that I don't waste my money on the wrong type.Please let me know what type and color that I should be looking for when I order the samples.Thanks for any help that I get so that I can get this much closer to a finished costume.
image2b.JPG
image2b.JPG (62.07 KiB) Viewed 9706 times
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

The cape is simply a non-stretch satin fabric. The gloves as I said before can be out of stretch-woven satin fabric or a knitted stretch satin/Moleskin spandex/Jumbo spandex.

Unfortunately, everyone sees color differently and the quality and cost of fabrics are all over the place.

There is no "One stop shop" if you are looking to build your own costume.

The closest thing to match colors to is our fabric swatches and pattern set.

dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Thanks Chuck,that information really helped me out.I bought your patterns but not the patterns and fabric swatches set.Do you sell the fabric swatches separetly?
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

My pleasure!
Contact me in the Etsy store and we'll get you squared away with the swatches! :)

dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Hi Huntman,Where did you get the swatches for the gloves and what color is it?I see that Chuck approves of the color and I want to get the same color swatch that you got,thanks.