1/6 Joemobile Batmobile Near Completion

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
simm

1/6 Joemobile Batmobile Near Completion

Post by simm »

I started working on this about 6 months ago. 30 minutes here, 30 minutes there. Looking for parts here, changing out parts there. I'm just about ready to display this on top of my Batcurio, I just need to install the front and back grills. Most of the stuff that didn't come with the kit, I made or found myself. But, I'd like to give an assist to Giink for a couple parts he sent me. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun to work on.
elmrgraham

Re: 1/6 Joemobile Batmobile Near Completion

Post by elmrgraham »

Looks Good.Good Luck.
hobbybuilder01

Post by hobbybuilder01 »

Looks great ..but one issue with the Joemobile the windows never look right
simm

Post by simm »

hobbybuilder01 wrote:Looks great ..but one issue with the Joemobile the windows never look right

Well, there are more issues than one, but the canopy windows are certainly one of the biggest. Not much you can do to alter them either:( If you know the car's limitations going in and build it for what it was meant to be, you limit your frustrations.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

simm wrote:
hobbybuilder01 wrote:Looks great ..but one issue with the Joemobile the windows never look right

Well, there are more issues than one, but the canopy windows are certainly one of the biggest. Not much you can do to alter them either:( If you know the car's limitations going in and build it for what it was meant to be, you limit your frustrations.
The car looks absolutely FANTASTIC as far i'm concerned...

...The captive charm of the Joemobile(s) for me over the years have been those "inaccuracies". Sure it would be cool to see a perfectly scaled 1/6 "accurate" option out there, but for me the overall look and feel of a Joemobile is what I would have imagined a childs toy of the 66' car to have looked like. Much like the over scaled jeep I had for my Action Man whilst growing up, the Joemobile to me has that same make-believe quality.
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

I concur with Ben - it looks great!
A few years ago I bought one and paid quite a bit to get it shipped to Australia. But I must confess I've just left it in its 'as bought' state, and put it on the 'To Do' list.
Your efforts are just outstanding and make me feel guilty I've not spent the time to do more.
If you have any contacts for decals, parts etc, I'd appreciate you letting me know, so I can get motivated!
Cheers,
terry
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Awesome!!
Wayne Faucher

Post by Wayne Faucher »

I think this conversation comes up every time someone mentions the Joemobile. That is, how should we consider it? Personally, I think of it as a throwback to the old Irwin GI Joe vehicles from the '60's. Not real accurate, but a heck of a lot of fun. I mean, if I'd had a totally tricked out Panther Jet with this kind of cockpit detailing, I'd have been in heaven.

Though we've heard not a peep from Hot Toys on the '66 Batmobile in a while, I still have hope that they are working on it. They may be developing the figures simultaneously, which would explain the time lapse. But that's gonna be a "scale model" of the Batmobile. The Joemobile has a much more retro feel in it's design. And this one in particular is really well done!
zapFREAK

Post by zapFREAK »

Kudos!! It takes a tremendous amount of dedication, not to mention time, to create something like this. My cowl is off to you good sir!!
DonC

Post by DonC »

Lookin' good!