Batman hooded towel concept... Looking for advice

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
mwilbury

Batman hooded towel concept... Looking for advice

Post by mwilbury »

Hey gang,
A few months back, I started a project for my young son. I created a Photoshop concept and rough pattern for a '66-style hooded towel.

Batman-Towel-Mockup.jpg

My kids have a few such towels with animals and Disney characters, as well as a generic superhero with Robin-style mask (pictured below, along with an Etsy product). There are a lot of excellent custom projects out there on Etsy and such, but, in my concept, the mask cutout and scalloped cape edge present complication (fraying).

towel-examples.jpg

This is not my area of expertise, so I reached out to a couple talented makers doing kids towels. I was advised to find someone with an embroidery machine ("definitely doable for someone with the right equipment").

I thought I'd ask the crowd here before I start casting further about online or calling local shops. Any maker recommendations for this sort of thing? My luck so far suggests I may spend more than originally projected, but I'm not yet deterred. Perhaps there are others here that would be interested in the project, should I find a maker with both the equipment and eye for detail.
Lee Kirkham

Re: Batman hooded towel concept... Looking for advice

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Looks like a fun project. Please make sure to keep us up to date on your progress! Thanks for sharing.
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Lou Szabo

Re: Batman hooded towel concept... Looking for advice

Post by Lou Szabo »

I have another challenge for you. turn it into a backpack to carry to the beach. I remember buying a spider-man version for the my daughter. It unfolded into a beach towel.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!