Batman meets Godzilla meets Infantino

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
mwilbury

Batman meets Godzilla meets Infantino

Post by mwilbury »

I've been itching to try out vintage comic coloring tools and to make some light-hearted Batman illustrations. So, I devised a faux cover for Batman Meets Godzilla and contributed it to the fan comic project.

I decided on a very faithful homage to two dynamic duos, Infantino/Anderson and West/Ward (as if I need to explain to this crowd). I dressed it up like a Silver Age DC house ad with the look of newsprint and old print techniques.

I plan to revisit the art again and make it look like a true cover image on glossy paper stock with more detailed but still vintage coloring effects.

I used the ColorLab kit from Retro Supply Co. for Procreate (an iPad drawing app, if you're unfamiliar). They also make the same tools for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Affinity. Great stuff.

If you're interested in process, I put together a half-decent clip (I had not originally planned for a tutorial) with comic-style captions. Supply your own Bat-soundtrack: https://youtu.be/SK2_MHFDLi

Batman_v_Godzilla-Infantino-detail.jpg
Batman_v_Godzilla-Infantino-inks.jpg
Batman_v_Godzilla-Infantino-House_Ad.jpg
Ben Bentley

Re: Batman meets Godzilla meets Infantino

Post by Ben Bentley »

Dude! So nicely done! Really, really like it!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Love it! Makes me want to see more re-dos of '66 to '68 Bat-comics like this!
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
quinn

Post by quinn »

Holy Atomic Breath! I love it!