Customizing the Diamond Select Batphone

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Ben Bentley

Customizing the Diamond Select Batphone

Post by Ben Bentley »

I know that the Diamond Select Batmobile-style Batphone is more of a characatured interpretation of the original prop, but I was wondering if anybody has customized theirs to bring the color more in line with the glossier fibreglass look of the original? I really like mine and for the price when they were released I really don't have any huge gripes with it as I certainly didn't buy it under any illusion that it is a screen accurate replica, but I am really tempted to experiment and see if I can get mine looking a little more like the color/finish on the show.

Has anyone out there messed around with theirs? I'm also planning on filling the base (coin bank) with hot-glue or something similar in order to give it a little more weight.

svl

Re: Customizing the Diamond Select Batphone

Post by svl »

I modded mine to light up. :) Got one super cheap, didn't mind cutting it up a bit. Looks really cool.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

svl wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:59 pm I modded mine to light up. :) Got one super cheap, didn't mind cutting it up a bit. Looks really cool.
I’d love to see some pictures/video!
svl

Post by svl »

Will do, just 4 u, B.
svl

Post by svl »

I can't get a true pic or vid of the phone (it always shows too "white", which is not what it looks like in real life, where is it perfectly red but glowing), but here ya go-
Attachments
IMG_6804.JPG