Gossip Phone 3D Prop

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Gossip Phone 3D Prop

Post by rsaffle »

The prop remake you have waited for..."The Gossip Phone"!
Season 2, Episode 3 "Hot Off the Griddle"

Catwoman talks to a henchmen who uses this awesome Gossip phone. Thank you to the members that helped me figure out that the phone was based on a 2 way transistor Boy's Radio from the 60's. That info helped me locate and produce a very accurate model from all sides and size it accordingly. I also recreated the text exactly. I even have a little printed antenna that goes up and down. lol
I didn't take the time to make it light up but I may get bored enough in the future. :lol:

Phone shows up at 1 min.
Attachments
a.jpg
e.jpg
front side.jpg
d.jpg
CPfnvVT.jpg
real prop.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Re: Gossip Phone 3D Prop

Post by Ben Bentley »

What a time to be alive! This one really put a smile on my face! Another very neat prop!

I hope you have an easier time than Jack did finding people who will eat with you! :lol:
Meule

Post by Meule »

This one is fantastic. You gotta love how the prop builders on the show didn't even bother to paint the back of the Gossip Phone.
I've found a similar transistor to the one used on the show to make this, now all I need is the correct lights to finish my Gossip Phone.
One thing tho, I always figured the lights were red and green in stead of red and blue.
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Meule

Post by Meule »

It's a little better to see it's green when the light flashes
Attachments
Picture 2020-11-11 om 00.03.27.jpg
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Meule wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:05 pm It's a little better to see it's green when the light flashes
Meule you are right. I'll fix that up and thanks for pointing that out. I could try and print you a few clear lights for your project if you think you could translucent tint them with something.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:34 pm What a time to be alive! This one really put a smile on my face! Another very neat prop!

I hope you have an easier time than Jack did finding people who will eat with you! :lol:
Ben I have to admit I don't know what your quote is from? The episode with this phone?
Thank you for the comments. I'm having fun too.
Meule

Post by Meule »

rsaffle wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:33 pm
Meule wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:05 pm It's a little better to see it's green when the light flashes
Meule you are right. I'll fix that up and thanks for pointing that out. I could try and print you a few clear lights for your project if you think you could translucent tint them with something.
Thanks for the offer. I actually found the lights, getting them shipped to Belgium proved a bit of a challenge, but coincidentally today we figured it all out, so they soon should be on the way to me.