PROP PHOTO QUESTION

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Ben Bentley

Re: PROP PHOTO QUESTION

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great research and mock-up, Randy!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

have to find one for sale and ask seller if what the other markings are other than that THRUSH bird round label to ID it. Maybe the "Man From U.N.C.L.E." THRUSH info is all on that label which could go missing, and one might go up for sale without the MFU/THRUSH attributed to it.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:52 pm have to find one for sale and ask seller if what the other markings are other than that THRUSH bird round label to ID it. Maybe the "Man From U.N.C.L.E." THRUSH info is all on that label which could go missing, and one might go up for sale without the MFU/THRUSH attributed to it.
I think this may well be the generic mould:

Meule

Post by Meule »

I would say that's spot on, Randy. Great job
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Meule

Post by Meule »

And I'm hoping that generic rifle is a whole lot easier (and cheaper) to find than the Thrush gun
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Ben, I think you've nailed it exactly. We thought it was the THRUSH gun but this matches exact, color and all. Both made by Ideal and are the same stock gun with the THRUSH having a different color scheme and extra added special sights., ...another great find and great research

edit add: Just found another Ideal clipfire in the color scheme as the THRUSH gun
Attachments
clipgun.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Meule wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:51 pm And I'm hoping that generic rifle is a whole lot easier (and cheaper) to find than the Thrush gun
From what I read it is even more rare. They say it was made one year and is impossible to find. I dont think you will find either of them or want to deface it if you do. Good stuff gang.

Btw, I found high resolution pics of each side to be able to 3d design one but I probably should find more popular items to do first.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Meule

Post by Meule »

rsaffle wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:17 pm
Meule wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:51 pm And I'm hoping that generic rifle is a whole lot easier (and cheaper) to find than the Thrush gun
From what I read it is even more rare. They say it was made one year and is impossible to find. I dont think you will find either of them or want to deface it if you do. Good stuff gang.

Btw, I found high resolution pics of each side to be able to 3d design one but I probably should find more popular items to do first.
Ugh :( :cry:

However, I would have zero problems defacing it if I ever do find one :D
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

If I could find and afford an U.N.C.L.E. T.H.R.U.S.H. rifle, I'd salvage the "Infra-Red Scope" and put it on my Crossman M-1 Carbine BB Rifle and kit bash" the rifle into one of these.
Larry
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Threads like this is why I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!
Excellent detective work everyone!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info