My Gotham City 14 miles sign

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
drucevain

My Gotham City 14 miles sign

Post by drucevain »

been working on this for a little while now but as i find myself with a bit more time on my hands decided to get on with it not quite finished but almost there :)
Attachments
sign.JPG
i'll stand at the bar i shouldn't wish to attract attention !
elmrgraham

Re: My Gotham City 14 miles sign

Post by elmrgraham »

Great Job.
Farb

Post by Farb »

Very nice!
Meule

Post by Meule »

Fantastic. What are the dimensions of the sign?
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
drucevain

Post by drucevain »

Meule wrote:Fantastic. What are the dimensions of the sign?
i ended up making the sign 23" x 11" mainly as i didn't know the true dimensions for the original sign and sort of worked out these dimensions out from a screen grab, also because my local diy store had planned timber in that width :)
Prince Adam

Post by Prince Adam »

Very nice. I think you should make 2, and ship one to Essex :-p
Chazbat

Post by Chazbat »

Awesome job on the sign! I make these as well, as some board members know, and they aren't as easy to reproduce as you'd think. Kudos!!

Muele, I'd imagine you're pretty stoked to have a sign maker on your side of the pond!

Chaz
Meule

Post by Meule »

Chazbat wrote:Awesome job on the sign! I make these as well, as some board members know, and they aren't as easy to reproduce as you'd think. Kudos!!

Muele, I'd imagine you're pretty stoked to have a sign maker on your side of the pond!

Chaz
Definitely. You know I would've ordered one from you, but the shipping cost is too high sadly enough. :cry:
But if drucevain is willing to make these for others, I'm all over it ;)
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Elkham

Post by Elkham »

Nice Job :D
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

It looks like he's getting plenty of orders. Not sure if that was his intent (I don't think it was,) but what an extra-added Batbonus! Great work!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
drucevain

Post by drucevain »

Batguitarist wrote:It looks like he's getting plenty of orders. Not sure if that was his intent (I don't think it was,) but what an extra-added Batbonus! Great work!

John
Thanks John, to be honest this was a little project i decided to do some time ago and its only that i recently managed to break my ankle, so i've been housebound for the last 4 weeks with my leg in plaster, that with time on my hands and not a lot else to do i managed to finish it off. wasn't planning on doing anymore but may well do a few when i'm back on both feet and can get out and about as they say "stay tuned"
drucevain

Post by drucevain »

Chazbat wrote:Awesome job on the sign! I make these as well, as some board members know, and they aren't as easy to reproduce as you'd think. Kudos!!

Chaz
Thanks Chaz, yes took quite a lot of man hours and a very steady hand, but very rewarding when i finished it 8-)
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Friendly reminder folks, no merch discussion in the craft area. :)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I know i'm echoing what has already been said, but well done on the sign Ken! It looks ace!