Joker's Hot Dog Walkie-Talkie Prop

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Joker's Hot Dog Walkie-Talkie Prop

Post by rsaffle »

Joker’s Hot Dog Walkie-talkie 3D printed prop and Sea Urchin Spines prop box
"Surf's Up, Joker's Under" season 3 Episode 10

The show simply used a real Hotdog but I wanted a prop that didn't need refrigeration and I also wondered if I could pull this off so I designed the hotdog and bun and then added period appropriate knobs and speakers. This is what I imagined Jokers hot dog really looked like and wish they had shown it in greater detail. Used a real bun as a visual guide to help me hand paint mine.

I recreated the Sea Urchin Spines box art and painted the box. I still need to add the Spines inside. This is my 1st official none 3D printed prop. Let me know if anyone wants to vector file.

Btw, I don't know the artist name to credit for the illustration. I was gifted the print
Attachments
A HDB.jpg
B HD.jpg
K HD.jpg
D HD.jpg
A HD.jpg
OLD.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
svl

Re: Joker's Hot Dog Walkie-Talkie Prop

Post by svl »

Stellar work as always.
dell

Post by dell »

Great work. It looks like a hot dog AND a walkie-talkie.
dell
Meule

Post by Meule »

I absolutely love this one. so cool and so original.
I imagine this is indeed what it would've looked like if the show's prop builders had build a hot dog walkie talkie.
Amazing paint job as well, looks like a real hot dog.
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Another fantastic creation, makes me hungry! I think they used a plastic fake hot dog in the show and to be 100% accurate, it's needs a little mustard, what's a hot dog without mustard! Undine's dog has some yellow mustard on it's dog and bun, and if you look the Joker has a touch of yellow on his bun.
Attachments
hotdog.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:16 am Another fantastic creation, makes me hungry! I think they used a plastic fake hot dog in the show and to be 100% accurate, it's needs a little mustard, what's a hot dog without mustard! Undine's dog has some yellow mustard on it's dog and bun, and if you look the Joker has a touch of yellow on his bun.
You are so right again! I'm going back into it to add the mustard. I want to be as accurate as possible. :lol:
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Troy

Post by Troy »

Well, this is just incredible
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

All of your props are fantastic, but this one is extra special to me. Maybe because it's exactly what the show should have done, but didn't. Great work.
- Boy Genius