props for rsaffle

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Penguin For Mayor

Re: props for rsaffle

Post by Penguin For Mayor »

the sport of penguins.png
the sport of penguins.png (258 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
ring around the riddler.png
a horse of another color.png
a horse of another color.png (168.06 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
So - These Here, Are Them There... Fabulous Twins?
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Penguin For Mayor wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:57 am the sport of penguins.pngring around the riddler horse of another color
Ha! I've already started 2 of these! The Riddler one I'm waiting on my vacuum former to be finished. The Penguin just needs printing. Thanks for the ideas. The spray is funny.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I never realized the Surfing Transferometer and the Anti-Mechanical Batray were the same prop.
Attachments
BATRAY vigor reverser XXX.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Penguin's Radio (note light up eyes, switch seems to be on back bottom)
PenguinRadio.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:59 pm Penguin's Radio (note light up eyes, switch seems to be on back bottom)
PenguinRadio.jpg
Sounds fun. I'm not sure what those chrome looking nuts are on the front bottom? Any ideas??

Thanks for the idea.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

How about making Joker's paint cans?
scene2 (64).jpg
scene3 (541).jpg
scene3 (4).jpg
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

From "The Zodiac Crimes", 4 gadgets in one scene!
The Jokers "2-WAY SPY DEVICE", it's microphone, Batman's detector and the Portable Bat-Extinguisher,
Not sure exactly what the Bat-Extinguisher is called, what the actual text is on that prop?
zodiaccrimes.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 am From "The Zodiac Crimes", 4 gadgets in one scene!
The Jokers "2-WAY SPY DEVICE", it's microphone, Batman's detector and the Portable Bat-Extinguisher,
Not sure exactly what the Bat-Extinguisher is called, what the actual text is on that prop?
zodiaccrimes.jpg
All great ideas. I'm not real familiar with that episode so I will get to work.

Love the Extinguisher! Thanks Pennyworth!
I have most of the other suggestions drawn up too. I'm just knocking them out randomly. I just bought a great glass cabinet to display them all together. I will post pics asap.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:04 pm
A. Pennyworth wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 am From "The Zodiac Crimes", 4 gadgets in one scene!
zodiaccrimes.jpg
I just bought a great glass cabinet to display them all together. I will post pics asap.
Can't wait to see your collection displayed! Second to none as far as wide-ranging collections of show-specific replica props goes!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

I own I pre-prop component!

In the end of Zodiac Crimes 3-parter, Batman uses his "Exploding Bat-a-rang" with de-gelatinizing agent chemicals to counteract the Joker's "Joker Jelly". His concentrated strawberry gelatin to change all the water into what else, strawberry jelly! Well the 2 containers on the Bat-a-rang looked very familar to me and in fact I have several of them!

Do you know, or what do you think they are from?

rsaffle/Randy I'll send you a pair if you wish? --john
Attachments
explodingbatarang2.jpg
explodingBatarang1.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Probably an easy one when you dont want to work so hard.
Bat-telegram, Riddler-gram, letter opener.
Attachments
BatLetterOpener.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Randy,

Any chance you can do a Molly the Moll Jill St John Head for Mego / FTC. The base will need to match the doll type, and unpainted is find.
That looks like a 3D print would make it happen, and the hair can be part of the sculpt. Asking for some friends....
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Lou Szabo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:01 pm Randy,

Any chance you can do a Molly the Moll Jill St John Head for Mego / FTC. The base will need to match the doll type, and unpainted is find.
That looks like a 3D print would make it happen, and the hair can be part of the sculpt. Asking for some friends....
Lou I'm sorry but that is a totally different skill set than I currently have. I can pull off the mechanical stuff but the more free formed organic stuff needs to be done in a 3D sculpting program. I'm working towards it but not there yet.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I was just looking up a few things like the type of Ocean Liner the "Gotham" was. I looked under "2 stack ocean liners of the 60s" and came up with the QE II (Queen Elizabeth). I'm guessing that it was a readily available Revell model kit which should be available either on E-Bay or Amazon. It would make sense that the folks at the studio would "Make it cheap, make it fast and make it look good for however long it's on screen." It also might have been a 'factory' made model someone had gotten hold of.

I hope this helps this thread.

Cheers
Larry
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Mini Bat-Geiger counter used to sync up with the parent one to track Robin when Batman planted some radioactive pellets on him, "Spell Of Tut" Looks to be based somewhat on the Bat-Radio.
Attachments
miniBatGeiger.jpg