What Episode?

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

What Episode?

Post by rsaffle »

GLASSES.jpg
GLASSES.jpg (117.64 KiB) Viewed 5450 times
What episode did these appear in guys?
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
A. Pennyworth

Re: What Episode?

Post by A. Pennyworth »

"Ma Parker"
Attachments
batglasses.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:56 pm "Ma Parker"
Thanks again!!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Oh, boy. This is a great prop candidate!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Very intruiged to see how this might come together!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:52 pm Very intruiged to see how this might come together!
Most of the time the hardest part is just figuring out what the origonals actually looked like. The lighting and shadows always play tricks. This one is confusing me. Robin's looks smooth across the nose bridge but Batman's looks to have a wrinkles. Also Batman's is angled different. Maybe it was adjusted on the fly to fit his cowl. You would think they would show close ups when they introduce a new prop but they actually don't most of the time.
Meule

Post by Meule »

These have elastic bands, so I think Adam's glasses are more curved because the elastic bands are pulled tighter because of his cowl. I think that and tricks of the light and shadows are giving the illusion of wrinkles. Burt's glasses are sitting on his head, no tightened elastic band, so that shape is probably the 'correct' shape
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Meule wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:54 am These have elastic bands, so I think Adam's glasses are more curved because the elastic bands are pulled tighter because of his cowl. I think that and tricks of the light and shadows are giving the illusion of wrinkles. Burt's glasses are sitting on his head, no tightened elastic band, so that shape is probably the 'correct' shape
What he said... I think Meule is right on the money on all counts.