Portable Miniature Bat-Phone prop

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Portable Miniature Bat-Phone prop

Post by rsaffle »

“The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra”
Season 3, Episode 25

Batman pulls a portable miniature Bat-Phone from his amazing Utility Belt to make an emergency call.
It's interesting that they could inversion this phone but they couldn't picture it without the cords. It's the ultimate in cuteness and Batgirl seemed very impressed!

Instead of printing the cord I used some of the plastic filament and wrapped it tightly around a small stick and heated it up with a blow-dryer to make it keep its form.

Thank you Pennyworth for the photos and idea!
Attachments
bfaa.jpg
bfa.jpg
bpg.jpg
portablebatphonecassandra.jpg
portablebatphonecassandra.jpg (184.87 KiB) Viewed 3484 times
bpd.jpg
bff.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Meule

Re: Portable Miniature Bat-Phone prop

Post by Meule »

I love this one. And I actually thought that was a real phone cord, nice job recreating it.
I'll even say yours looks better than the one on the show since they made the phone with a simple cord, not a phone cord
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Meule wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:51 pm I love this one. And I actually thought that was a real phone cord, nice job recreating it.
I'll even say yours looks better than the one on the show since they made the phone with a simple cord, not a phone cord
Yeah I noticed that but I really wanted to make the curly one. ;?)
Thanks buddy!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Love it!!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Batman speaking. Batman. B...A....T....M....A....N

I know not the correct episode but appropriate! Outstanding prop making once again!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Nailed it again!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

That's fantastic! Was waiting for someone to do this one. Does/did it light up on the show? If you make any more, a coiled lanyard cord may also do you.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Batfanman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:13 pm That's fantastic! Was waiting for someone to do this one. Does/did it light up on the show? If you make any more, a coiled lanyard cord may also do you.
i didn't see it light up and was a little surprised the light on top looked black to me so I just made what I could see.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I have to say, this is one prop that always enchanted me but I never thought I would see someone tackle! Love it!