Catwoman's Voice Eraser prop

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Catwoman's Voice Eraser prop

Post by rsaffle »

Catwoman uses her Voice Eraser to "steal" the voices of London's top signing duo and then blackmails the British government, which faces the lost of revenue from the taxes on Chad and Jeremy's performances. Only Batman & Robin can stop her!

"The Bat's Kow Tow"
Season 2, Episode 30

3D designed & printed prop replica. Thanks to Pennyworth for another great idea. Keep them coming. Nothing is too weird. lol
Attachments
thumbnail_Resized_20210222_091810.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20210222_091025.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20210222_091452.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20210222_091229.jpg
org prop.jpg
org prop.jpg (157.34 KiB) Viewed 4406 times
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Catwoman's Voice Eraser prop

Post by Scott Sebring »

That's is too awesome! Love the cat detail on the back!
Meule

Post by Meule »

I absolutely love it. You definitely nailed this one, but then you always do
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Spot on once again, taper in the handle, battery screw on the bottom, lights, red knobs etc.
I'm thinking you actually have the real props stored somewhere and when we ask for something you "claim" you 3-D print them up!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm I'm thinking you actually have the real props stored somewhere and when we ask for something you "claim" you 3-D print them up!
I wish I really did!

The better my photo source is the better the prop will be and you are my best source. You help me get all of those details. I'm no perfectionist but I want these to look as close to the original as possible. I appreciate the help and support from this whole group.

Btw, painting these things in my below freezing garage in Texas hasn't been fun. I had a log jam of props that I am just now getting out. Everyone else lost power but I'm on a hospital power grid and made it through fine.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:26 pm
A. Pennyworth wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm I'm thinking you actually have the real props stored somewhere and when we ask for something you "claim" you 3-D print them up!
I wish I really did!

The better my photo source is the better the prop will be and you are my best source. You help me get all of those details. I'm no perfectionist but I want these to look as close to the original as possible. I appreciate the help and support from this whole group.

Btw, painting these things in my below freezing garage in Texas hasn't been fun. I had a log jam of props that I am just now getting out. Everyone else lost power but I'm on a hospital power grid and made it through fine.
Really glad to hear that you didn't lose power buddy! Stay safe and warm!
Meule

Post by Meule »

Was the original Voice Eraser built from scratch or did they use an existing device to build this?
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Meule wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:44 pm Was the original Voice Eraser built from scratch or did they use an existing device to build this?
Great question. I didnt look for anything other than the show pictures but it could be some kind of microphone topper.

My favorite part is the arched black cat on the back. Most of the villian props don't coordinate with the villian. This one and maybe the Black Widows items. Can you guys think of any others?
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Anbody know what episode Alfred used this prop as a voice imitator? I would like to see if it was any different. Did they show the back with the cat logo?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:20 am Anbody know what episode Alfred used this prop as a voice imitator? I would like to see if it was any different. Did they show the back with the cat logo?
This gizmo actually debuts in "Walk The Straight And Narrow", a few months before Catwoman repurposes it. Here's a couple of screen grabs that should shed some light:
Batman S02E02 - Walk the Straight and Narrow - 0701.jpg
Batman S02E02 - Walk the Straight and Narrow - 0703.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

This gizmo actually debuts in "Walk The Straight And Narrow"

Awesome...thanks Ben. I'll go check that out. Interesting back on this one.
dell

Post by dell »

Chad and Jeremy were asked what they thought of this recreation, but they had nothing to say.
dell
Meule

Post by Meule »

rsaffle wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:12 pm
Meule wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:44 pm Was the original Voice Eraser built from scratch or did they use an existing device to build this?
Great question. I didnt look for anything other than the show pictures but it could be some kind of microphone topper.

My favorite part is the arched black cat on the back. Most of the villian props don't coordinate with the villian. This one and maybe the Black Widows items. Can you guys think of any others?
Penguin had a few with his face on them, like his bull horn for instance
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

dell wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:40 pm Chad and Jeremy were asked what they thought of this recreation, but they had nothing to say.
Ha! I think I would be fine never hearing from them again.