Infrared Glasses Prop Ma Parker

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Infrared Glasses Prop Ma Parker

Post by rsaffle »

Batman and Robin captured by Ma Parker and put into electric chairs! Batman manages to break one wire and use the charge to activate the shortwave radio in his utility belt. Using bat-code, he instructs Alfred to have the electric company cut power to the penitentiary at midnight. When midnight strikes, Ma and the kids come in to kill the Dynamic Duo, but when they throw the switch, the power goes out. Fisticuffs ensue, but Batman and Robin have the advantage of infrared eyeglasses, and are victorious.

b]Ma Parker[/b]
Batman: Season 2, Episode 10

These things caused me more grief than anything else I have done. The design was straightforward but I just got in a hurry and it fought me every little step. Turned out nice but I would approach them different if I did them again. BTW, I used window tint film on acrylic for the lens.
Attachments
glasses views.jpg
glas a.jpg
glasses batman.jpg
glasses back.jpg
glasses side.jpg
batglasses.jpg
batglasses.jpg (66.92 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Batfanman

Re: Infrared Glasses Prop Ma Parker

Post by Batfanman »

Great job - most impressive. Question: Do Robin's look to be a different shape - like perhaps they were contoured for his face?
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Batfanman wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 pm Great job - most impressive. Question: Do Robin's look to be a different shape - like perhaps they were contoured for his face?
I think they are the same but Batmans looks kinda bent in the middle and much more angled downward. I think I would make them fit a little closer to the face next time. I was worried about messing up my cowl so I didn't move them around on it. It fits my giant noggin much better.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Meule

Post by Meule »

Never in a million years did I ever expect to see this one, but then I say that with all the props you replicate.
Now bring on the sunshine :D
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Fantastic! A very cool prop that never had the amount of love it deserved amongst fans replicating stuff from the show, thankfully you’ve changed that! 👏🏻