The Puzzler's Gas Mask prop

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

The Puzzler's Gas Mask prop

Post by rsaffle »

“The Puzzles are Coming” / “The Duo is Slumming”
Season 2, Episodes 31 and 32

The Puzzler—a Shakespeare-spouting villain along with his henchmen and moll, fly a tiny model plane right into Commissioner Gordon’s office and drop a smoke bomb with a note. On one side, it says, “Forsooth, the puzzles are coming.” On the back: “I know a bank where the wild thyme blows, inside out the puzzle goes.”

This is my take on the gas masks worn by the villain's. I'm pretty sure the original props were just a kids vinyl ball cut down to make the mask but I wanted to be able to print it and make it a little more substantial. The circles are just craft foam.

*I promised my take on the worst prop in the whole series is coming up soon. Just got this finished quicker. ;?)

Attachments
main.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20210407_191508.jpg
b.jpg
bb.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Meule

Re: The Puzzler's Gas Mask prop

Post by Meule »

Looking at the shapes of the masks in those pics, seeing how they're all a little different I think you're right about them being vinyl balls cut to shape.
But what's the fun in that, eh ;)
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe