Riddler's Under Water Detonator Prop - Batman's Anniversary

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Riddler's Under Water Detonator Prop - Batman's Anniversary

Post by rsaffle »

Riddler causes a water main explosion under the Gotham City Bank, flooding their vault. Riddler uses his Under Water Detonator to blast open the bank door. Wearing breathing gear, Batman and Robin find Riddler and his goons in scuba gear and a very slow, languid underwater fisticuffs ensue!

“Batman’s Anniversary”
Season 2, Episodes 45

This was not a very big part of the scene but I loved the comic look of it and the color so I gave it a go. 3D printed. I did something a little different and gave it a decal wrap instead of just paint. Made it have a neat flat sheen. I added the Question mark to the back because you never really see the back so who's to say its not there. :D
Attachments
RUWD COVER MAIN.jpg
RUWD COVER.jpg
RUWD BACK.jpg
RUWD TURN.jpg
Batman-Anniversary05.jpg
Batman-Anniversary02.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Dan E Kool

Re: Riddler's Under Water Detonator Prop - Batman's Anniversary

Post by Dan E Kool »

Your replicas always look great and you present them well, too. Is this something you taught yourself or how did you get into designing things for 3D printing?
- Boy Genius
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Dan E Kool wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:09 pm Your replicas always look great and you present them well, too. Is this something you taught yourself or how did you get into designing things for 3D printing?
Thanks Dan!

I'm an Art Director for a large Sign Company & designed toys for a few years for kids meal stuff. I have drawn comic books and I'm also an oil painter so I have a big art background. I bought a 3D printer a little over a year ago and started printing stuff I found on the Internet. There are tons of free files available that are well worth the purchase, even if you don't create your own stuff.

My work was pressing me to learn a 3D program and after a while I found one that made sense to me, MOI 3D. The learning curve was smaller than some of the others and its a stripped down program but I'm getting better at it. I love the process of making things and even before my 3D skills I would make paper, models, wood or clay things. I already had the Photoshop skills and vector drawing skills. I have always collected Batman toys so I'm still in shock that I can make them myself! I'm building up to making my own action figures. I encourage everyone to give it a shot!

Here is my Instagram Painting site if anyone is interested.
https://www.instagram.com/randysaffle/
Meule

Post by Meule »

Smart move adding the question mark, seems like something they would've done on the show.
And that's probably the funniest fighting scene of the whole show :lol:
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
hisyouthfulward

Post by hisyouthfulward »

Ummm, you might want to reposition the views in that fourth picture...
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

hisyouthfulward wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:08 pm Ummm, you might want to reposition the views in that fourth picture...

Ha ha! I honestly missed that. I like it even better now.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Love the detonator prop (and the question mark)! The underwater fight has always been one of my favorite scenes.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

rsaffle wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:29 pm
Already following ;)
- Boy Genius
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Dan E Kool wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:09 pm Your replicas always look great and you present them well, too. Is this something you taught yourself or how did you get into designing things for 3D printing?
Thanks Dan!

I'm an Art Director for a large Sign Company & designed toys for a few years for kids meal stuff. I have drawn comic books and I'm also an oil painter so I have a big art background. I bought a 3D printer a little over a year ago and started printing stuff I found on the Internet. There are tons of free files available that are well worth the purchase, even if you don't create your own stuff.

My work was pressing me to learn a 3D program and after a while I found one that made sense to me, MOI 3D. The learning curve was smaller than some of the others and its a stripped down program but I'm getting better at it. I love the process of making things and even before my 3D skills I would make paper, models, wood or clay things. I already had the Photoshop skills and vector drawing skills. I have always collected Batman toys so I'm still in shock that I can make them myself! I'm building up to making my own action figures. I encourage everyone to give it a shot!

No doubt about it--you do great, detailed work. Back when '66 merchandising made its return, you would have been a natural designing high-end 1:1 Batman and Green Hornet props for companies such as Factory Entertainment. Too bad they never thought about making props from the Dozier shows.
Beneath Wayne Manor
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:24 pm
No doubt about it--you do great, detailed work. Back when '66 merchandising made its return, you would have been a natural designing high-end 1:1 Batman and Green Hornet props for companies such as Factory Entertainment. Too bad they never thought about making props from the Dozier shows.
Its fun that the technology is here to be able to make this stuff. I don't need Factory but it would be great to share more of my preps. I know there are people that love this stuff even more than me. There are some amazing artists and sculptors making toys and such Some of the homemade fan created stuff out there is mind blowing.

Appreciate the compliments sir!