EEE-YOW! Help finding leotard/tights!

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rickrickrick

EEE-YOW! Help finding leotard/tights!

Post by rickrickrick »

Hello, Batmen!

I searched and searched here, but couldn't find an answer. My apologies if the info is lurking here somewhere not uncovered by me.

So, cons are largely coming back. After languishing unworn for nearly two years, my undersuit is feeling shabby and needs replacing.

Onstage Dancewear, home of the very popular custom order supplex leotards and tights isn't an option - delivery time is too long. My previous satisfactory unitard supplier, like so many places, has gone out of business. My first attempt at getting something from Amazon was a rank failure - WAY too shiny. I need matte bodysuitwear.

(Sorry, Chuck, you're out of my budget, since my purchase of Will. ;) )

Anyone have success somewhere besides Onstage?? Anyone have luck on Amazon with something that WASN'T shiny?

Many thanks, chums!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
rickrickrick

Re: EEE-YOW! Help finding leotard/tights!

Post by rickrickrick »

Have spent hours searching online. It's amazing to me that there are so many superhero cosplayers who use and are obviously buying bodysuits, but so many listings that have such inadequate - or even WRONG - info on them. Many have no fiber content, no description of the finish of the fabric - shiny or matte, opaque or not - etc, etc. And sizing is all over the map.

Still looking for suggestions from anyone who has had success with something other than the Onstage stuff. Many thanks!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Hey Rick, I totally get the budget issues as well as the frustration of tight shopping!!!!

Since you can sew, I will suggest you get the fabric from us, cut your old tights apart for the pattern (or purchase paper patterns) and make your own.

Rule of thumb is that it takes 3 yards for your leotard and tights.

It's the only help I can offer since we started making our own. Haven't shopped for them in ages.

Just a thought...

Chuck...
Attachments
Untitled-1 (2).jpg
DSC_0008 (4).JPG
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Thanks, Chuck. I appreciate that what you can offer is the best, and you know I've been a happy customer for years. Sadly, the quality of your work is outside my budgetary constraints at the moment. :(

RRR