Need help: Archer's Curved Arrow prop question

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Need help: Archer's Curved Arrow prop question

Post by rsaffle »

I would like to make the Archers crooked arrow prop and it has me confused. In the episode "Walk the Straight and Narrow!" the Archer pushes a lever forward on the middle of an arrow and it curves the pointy end and then he shoots it around a corner. I've been trying to figure out how to make the straight to curve action work. Obviously they made it work.

Anybody have any ideas how that was done?
Attachments
arrow.jpg
arrow.jpg (184 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
hisyouthfulward

Re: Need help: Archer's Curved Arrow prop question

Post by hisyouthfulward »

I'll hazard a guess...The front of the shaft is flexible, you can see a break-line on the shaft in the picture. If they could run a very thin line from the tip of the arrow's shaft (where the arrowhead is placed) to the lever and if the lever was pulled back, it would pull on the line and bend the flexible part of the arrow's shaft. Conjecture, to be sure, but perhaps a viable explaination?
rsaffle

Re: Need help: Archer's Curved Arrow prop question

Post by rsaffle »

hisyouthfulward wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:49 am I'll hazard a guess...The front of the shaft is flexible, you can see a break-line on the shaft in the picture. If they could run a very thin line from the tip of the arrow's shaft (where the arrowhead is placed) to the lever and if the lever was pulled back, it would pull on the line and bend the flexible part of the arrow's shaft. Conjecture, to be sure, but perhaps a viable explanation?
Thanks! That's what I picture too but why or how does it curve when the tension is relacked?
I found some silicon straws that I could possibly use for the front.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/