Bookworm's Secret Book Communicator prop

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Bookworm's Secret Book Communicator prop

Post by rsaffle »

"The Bookworm Turns"
season 1, episode 29

The villainous Bookworm lures Batman and Robin to Police Headquarters by staging a fake assassination attempt on Commissioner Gordon.
Bookworms moll, Lydia Limpet, plants a book-bomb in the Batmobile. As Batman and Robin rush to investigate, a henchman named Printer's Devil - an archaic term for a printing apprentice - is monitoring the situation and uses his Secret Book Communicator to report that Lydia has failed to kill Batman and Robin.

Bookworm Secret Book Communicator. I purchased a fake book and repainted the cover, created the name plate and 3d printed the interior speakers and knobs. I couldn't read the books title so I chose to name it "For Whom the Bell Tolls" which is a callback to the book bomb placed in the Batmobile.

prop #54
Attachments
bookworm cover.jpg
bookworm aa.jpg
bookworm b.jpg
bookworm a.jpg
d.jpg
d.jpg (22.64 KiB) Viewed 5837 times
bookworm c.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Re: Bookworm's Secret Book Communicator prop

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is a formidable task even by your very capable hands, Mr Saffle! Great job!
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Top notch work!!! WELL DONE!!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Great prop once again! The book in reality is a copy of the ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF METHODISM and a readable page 78 is is seen on screen with the book title there (and a search of some readable text confirms the book). I think yours is unique and pretty cool. If you want to make it exacting, this book is available on ebay, here is the actual cover (maybe better image examples out there) and the page 78 which is the page seen when the communicator is open, should be easy for you with your skills to add these pages to your prop, if you wish.
Attachments
book.jpg
page78.jpg
HistoryOfMethodismBookworm.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:54 pm Great prop once again! The book in reality is a copy of the ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF METHODISM and a readable page 78 is is seen on screen with the book title
Well crud. I tried to figure that out for so long and even Googled some of the sentences from the images that I could read to no avail.

Pennyworth, I should run all my props past you because you always amaze and impress with your knowledge and resources. I appreciate the info sir and yes, I have to replace the cover and pages now but thats part of the fun.
Meule

Post by Meule »

I absolutely love this. And I was amazed at how many clear reference pics you found.... And then Pennyworth dropped the bomb... even more amazing...
So, they took a real book, tore out all the pages past page 78 and turned what was left into a fake book and added a communicator? Wow
Oh, and funny how Lydia Limpet is using the communicator upside down
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Fabulous job Randy!
Great research as always AP.
Looking forward to the upgrade
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

A.P. you NEVER fail to amaze me!!! WOW!!!!

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Wow wow and WOW, guys!!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

This is an exceptionally awesome thread. Great craftsmanship, great research, Wow!
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:54 pm Great prop once again! The book in reality is a copy of the ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF METHODISM and a readable page 78 is is seen on screen with the book title there (and a search of some readable text confirms the book). I think yours is unique and pretty cool. If you want to make it exacting, this book is available on ebay, here is the actual cover (maybe better image examples out there) and the page 78 which is the page seen when the communicator is open, should be easy for you with your skills to add these pages to your prop, if you wish.
WOW! Stunning detective work, Pennyworth!

-- And your prop replica is great, too, rsaffle! :D
- Boy Genius
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

I couldn't help myself!
Attachments
DSC_0031 (3).JPG
DSC_0027 (2).JPG

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Just awesome!

We'll be holding up traffic in no time once you complete the 1:1 version of the "Delights of Cooking", Chuck.

;)
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I have another buddy that just bought that book too. Probably the only copies sold in the past few years. Lol