Penguin's Submarine Periscope '66 Movie Prop

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Penguin's Submarine Periscope '66 Movie Prop

Post by rsaffle »

Batman: The Movie, Penguin's Pre-Nuclear Submarine Periscope '66 Movie Prop

The United Underworld used this sub as a mobile base of operations during their efforts to obtain the invention of Commodore Schmidlapp. They were able to capture the Commodore's Yacht, imprisoning the Commodore in the hold, and establish a holographic replica of the yacht to lure Batman and Robin into a trap. Later the submarine was used to attack Batman and Robin while they investigated aboard the Batboat.

Following Batman and Robin locating their hideout on Gotham Pier; Penguin, Joker, Catwoman, and the Riddler moved to the submarine to continue their objective. Using the submarine, the criminals infiltrated the United World Organization and used the Commodore's invention on the United World Security Council. Batman and Robin were able to give chase in the Batboat and captured the submarine, rescuing the Commodore and defeating the villain's plot in the process.

3D printed prop. The original prop was actioned off a few years ago, so I was able to get some great photos to work from. Thanks to A. Pennyworth for sending me pics once again too.

My Bat prop #58 and counting.

Attachments
penguin sub periscope a.jpg
penguin sub periscope d.jpg
penguin sub periscope bb.jpg
35004911_2.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
svl

Re: Penguin's Submarine Periscope '66 Movie Prop

Post by svl »

So the sub is next? :)

Great work as always!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is great! I can almost hear that incidental music now!

You're not a million miles away from having created #66 props from the '66 show buddy! It's been a kick watching you tackle these projects, it's been one of my highlights of the last year or so here on the message board.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Never thought I'd see this being reproduced, but I'm glad you did. How big is this?
Oh, and that movie poster is pretty cool too
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

svl wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:39 am So the sub is next? :)
Almost finished with it but its not printed yet but I'm thinking something much smaller. :D
Something like this resin sub I found.
Attachments
sub b.jpg
sub.JPG
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:47 pm You're not a million miles away from having created #66 props from the '66 show buddy! It's been a kick watching you tackle these projects, it's been one of my highlights of the last year or so here on the message board.
Ben I really appreciate your support and everyone on this board that comments and keeps me motivated. The building of these things keeps my creative mind moving and helps me through all of the day-to-day stuff in my life.

I hadn't thought about #66. I'm going to have to find something great for that!! I'm closer than you think too because I always have 5 or 6 of these in various stages at any time. :?:

Fullsize Batmobile would be nice!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Meule wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:28 pm Never thought I'd see this being reproduced, but I'm glad you did. How big is this?
Oh, and that movie poster is pretty cool too
Thanks buddy! This is about 5" tall. I'm thinking about making a clear blue resin base with waves and bubbles. May be a little big for that though. Could always print another.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

There may be skullduggery ahead.... Confound it, the batteries are dead!.... Let us feast our eyes on the watery remains.

Very nice, the lucite sub is fantastic. You could probably make some money and some fans real happy recreating the Enterprise encased in lucite from Catspaw. The prop still exists (minus the broken chain)
Attachments
NASM-2009-31311.jpg
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

I really like that idea with the lucite!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

This is cool stuff!