Atomic Pile Sign Repo graphics

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Atomic Pile Sign Repo graphics

Post by rsaffle »

My recreation of one of the Atomic Pile Signs in the Batcave. I know I've seen a version with a red box around the bottom text but I'm not sure which version came first. I enjoy trying to recreate these graphics but they are also tough because of the hand lettering method that they were created and of course finding good images.

Attachments
atomic pile sign REAL.jpg
atomic pile sign.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
FLOYDLEWIS

Re: Atomic Pile Sign Repo graphics

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

the red sign was only in the color pilot..but since most viewers would only see this in black and white it was decided to make it just black..it also appears in the movie this way (just black)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Love your recreation of the asymmetrical hand lettering! Major kudos!

For those playing along at home, as Floyd pointed out, the warning sign as seen in the Hi Diddle Riddle had a red stripe across the lower line of text. The positioning of the warning also moved after the "pilot cave" at Fox was reconstructed over at Desilu when the show went to series. The second position of the sign (as seen in Randy's screen caps above) was almost definitely dictated by the blocking of Alfred's scene up on the 'Pile during Fine Feathered Finks. FFF is also the debut of the "SAFETY LOCK SET".

Pilot
Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 20.16.27.png
S1E02
Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 20.17.00.png
Troy

Post by Troy »

I love this!!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Love hearing all of this nerd stuff!
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:02 pm Love hearing all of this nerd stuff!
You've come to the right place!