Hey Chuck Williams

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Larry A.

Hey Chuck Williams

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Folks,
Chuck, since You have made the 1943 Bat Cowls, do You think that there would be an interest for the Batgirl Pilot cowl? Just asking, Buddy. Happy New Year to You and Lynne.
Larry
Chuck Williams

Re: Hey Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Right back at 'cha Larry!
It doesn't seem like a hot commodity but I could be wrong!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

It might be worth taking a survey, Chuck, if only for collectors.
Larry
svl

Post by svl »

Still looking for our regular Batgirl cowls in the shop, Chuck... ;)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Uh-Oh, Chuck!
Larry
Collectr1977

Post by Collectr1977 »

1st off, HAPPY NEW YEAR'S to all you batty-fellows! :) We pray everyone is doing fine during this unfortunate pandemic.

Now back to your regular Bat-Channel. HA HA

Ok, There could be a simple solution. I believe there is a bit of difference between the 2, but could it be as simple as making or adding more shell material under the eyes for the pointy look? I hope you guys now what I'm talking about.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Collectr1977 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:57 am 1st off, HAPPY NEW YEAR'S to all you batty-fellows! :) We pray everyone is doing fine during this unfortunate pandemic.

Now back to your regular Bat-Channel. HA HA

Ok, There could be a simple solution. I believe there is a bit of difference between the 2, but could it be as simple as making or adding more shell material under the eyes for the pointy look? I hope you guys now what I'm talking about.
Not as simple. The construction of the regular version's strap is designed to go behind the neck. The presentation version is designed to under the chin. That is yet another pattern and construction rethink. I know, my wife and I have made a few Batgirl cowls over the past 15 years (not for commercial consumption though) and have studied the @#$#@ out of them. Also, not speaking for Chuck or Lynne but knowing them very well, the time and effort for the R&D to get it to their level of excellence, accuracy and reputation doesn't seem proportional to the niche commercial opportunity this item would have, but I bet if somebody with deep pockets invested such money for R&D into such an item for their personal commission, then such working it out could be done and possibly open doors for more to be made. But someone just saying, "Hey, how about you guys do this or that..." has never really gotten the ball rolling for such an already busy pair.

My two cents.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I have to agree with Scott on this. It would take someone to do the R + D with money for Muslin and such in order to do the prototypes. Upon further thought, it WOULD be a VERY limited niche and not really worth the cost.

As for me, I think that I'm going to research and play with the idea myself. I wonder what has happened to the Pilot cowl. Any ideas????

Cheers!
Larry
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Ya knocked it out of the park Scott! Thanks!!! :)
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Collectr1977

Post by Collectr1977 »

I guess I over simplified the problem. :lol: Wow
Thanks for breaking that down. So they did 2 different pattern? One for each shell, right? Forgive my ignorance but what is R&D?

And thanks guys!
Thanks for the info Mr. Scott.
-Jay
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Collctr1977, "R @D" stands for "Research and Development" fwiw. Cheers!
Larry