Custom FTC Molly the Moll

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Therin of Andor

Re: Custom FTC Molly the Moll

Post by Therin of Andor »

Lou Szabo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:20 am Molly head shot.png
Just like the head above, they put cellophane around the hair to keep it in place.
^This is intended to be Susan Silo as Mousey.
Larry A. wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:19 pm Ian, how did You do the spray painting of the hair, please? Thanks.
Small can of fluoro orange hair spray from the $2 shop. Covered the face with that flexible yellow painter's masking tape first.

Did a similar trick, with perhaps less-effective results, on Pinky Pinkerton. Same brand of spray. The orange seemed less dense.

It's Pinky, Pinky and the Brain by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Here's the final BOM

Product Name Item Number Quantity Item Price
FTC Clam Shell Packaging for Carded 8 inch figures FTCCLAMSHELL $4.99
Batman TV Series Retro 8 Inch Action Figure Blister Cards Only DCBLISTERCARDS-01 $6.00
DC Comics Classic 1966 TV Batman Series 8 Inch Action Figure Outfits Only Outfit: TV 1 Robin DCOUTFITS-02 $10.00
DC Comics Classic 1966 TV Batman Series 8 Inch Action Figure Outfits Only.  This is ONLY for the complete outfit.  If the figure comes with belts, boots or gloves they are included
Dark Green Female Molded Gloves for 8 inch figures INVISIBLEGLOVESDARKGREEN 1 $3.00 option as they are included above
BATMAN TV Series Robin Mask for 8 inch figures BMTVROBINMASK 1 $2.00
Pair of Green Shoes GREENSHOE 1 $2.00 Option as they are included in the Robin Outfit
Deluxe Female 8 inch Articulated Flesh Body (Yvonne) YVONNEBODYFLESH 1 $10.99
Light Red Head with Rooted Hair for Deluxe Female 8 inch Articulated Body (Yvonne) LIGHTREDHEADYVONNE 1 $5.99
Total (excludes shipping) $44.97
Molly BOM.jpg
NOTE: You may buy Robin's head separately and carve a mask..which makes me wonder, if you create a mask, wouldn't you remove the domino mask and reveal the secret identity first. Now that's a Riddle!

Stuff I tried, but with mixed results:
8 Inch Female Women Articulated Body With Rooted Hair Roto Molded Head (Made in China) ARTICULATEDFEMALEBODYWITHHEAD 1 $10.00 $10.00
Hair Color: Dark Red
Figures Toy Company Zip Ties (Set of 5) FTCZIPTIESET5 1 $10.99 $10.99
Female Light Red Rooted Hair Roto Molded 8 inch Head FEMALEROOTEDLIGHTREDHEAD 1 $4.99 $4.99
Yellow Superhero Cape (Female) CAPEYELLOWFEMALE 1 $3.99 $3.99
Deluxe Female Superhero Light Green Molded Glove Hands DELUXEFEMALEGLOVESLIGHTGREEN 1 $4.00 $4.00
Shiny Yellow Short Superhero Cape (Male) CAPETVROBIN 1 $3.99 $3.99
Black and Gold Superhero Belt for 8 inch figures BELTROBINTV 1 $4.99 $4.99
Female Assassin Red Rooted Hair Roto Molded 8 inch Head REDFEMALEHEADKATANA 1 $5.99 $5.99
BATMAN TV Series Robin Bodysuit for 8 inch figures BMTVROBINBODYSUITONLY 1 $4.00 $4.00
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Sounds good Lou. It's given me a real good idea of what I need to do. Mine will go a little cheaper as I'm having to make the cowl and cape.

Thanks! I think that I speak for most of us here when I say that we look forward to seeing how You turn things out.

Cheers!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

If you don’t need it boxed, you can get below $30.
DC Comics Classic 1966 TV Batman Series 8 Inch Action Figure Outfits Only Outfit: TV 1 Robin DCOUTFITS-02 $10.00
This is ONLY for the complete outfit. If the figure comes with belts, boots or gloves they are included
BATMAN TV Series Robin Mask for 8 inch figures BMTVROBINMASK 1 $2.00
Deluxe Female 8 inch Articulated Flesh Body (Yvonne) YVONNEBODYFLESH 1 $10.99
Light Red Head with Rooted Hair for Deluxe Female 8 inch Articulated Body (Yvonne) LIGHTREDHEADYVONNE 1 $5.99
Total (excludes shipping) $26

If you go with the standard female body with red hair, you can get down to about $20-22.
8 Inch Female Women Articulated Body With Rooted Hair Roto Molded Head (Made in China) ARTICULATEDFEMALEBODYWITHHEAD $10.00
DC Comics Classic 1966 TV Batman Series 8 Inch Action Figure Outfits Only Outfit: TV 1 Robin DCOUTFITS-02 $10.00
This is ONLY for the complete outfit. If the figure comes with belts, boots or gloves they are included
Robin mask (optional) $2.00

So there is some variance depending on your budget. If you want the spreadsheet, PM me with your email and I’m happy to share it.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

P.M. sent. I don't need the box. I'll be going with the Yvonne body and head as they are much more realistic as compared to the standard body and head. Thanks, my Friend. Cheers!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Larry,
I sent you the spreadsheet!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Postman just delivered a package from The Toyroom
Molly Box.png
the villain lineup is on the right, the hero lineup is on the left!
Molly Box front.JPG
Molly Box Rear.JPG
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

VERY Nice... Very Nice indeed! Thanks for the P.M. That is a nicer box than the Megos!!!!!!!!!
Larry
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Might I have the "Toyroom " Link please? I've decided that I'm going to need boxes for both my 1939 Bat-Man and Bat-Girl. Thanks and as always, Lou,...Cheers!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

For Boxes, here is the website

https://www.the-toyroom.com/
If you can’t find it, Anthony Durso has probably made it for someone, like this Molly box, and just email him.

Email: thetoyroom@yahoo.com
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The final (for now) product in a box
106940D2-0261-4361-A57F-89F1EA76FDD2.jpeg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Lou Szabo, did You mock up the box first? I got my Yvonne heads and figure and open hands, and boots. I'm waiting for Dr. Mego to send me the bodysuits. The next thing will be to order the fists and gloves. Other than that, It will be cutting and styling the hair followed by making the outfit and mask,
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The box is from the Toy Room. The card will be mocked up as soon as my son-in-law prints picture quality pictures. Should be any time now....
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Which one will You use? The card or the box, Lou?
Larry
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I gotta admit, Lou. I LOVE the pictures of Jill St. John. I've had a crush on Her for years.
Larry