Custom FTC Molly the Moll

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Larry A.

Re: Custom FTC Molly the Moll

Post by Larry A. »

Ok, Thanks, my Friend!
Larry
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Lou Szabo, What gloves have You decided to use, please? Thanks, Ol' Chum!
Larry
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Therin of Andor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:33 pm I made a Molly in 2017.

Progress pic - Molly by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Riddler's moll, Molly, customized from a "Married with Children" Kelly Bundy figure and a FTC "Teen Titans" Robin outfit. The hair is parted on the wrong side, but it took the orange spray paint very well. Note the Robin head became the life mask she holds in her hand.

Custom Molly by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Ian, how did You do the spray painting of the hair, please? Thanks.
Larry
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Meule wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:58 pm It's a resin custom head, but for the life of me I can't remember where I got it or who it was supposed to be
I think it's Nurse Christine Chapel, shrunk down from the 9" Playmates figure.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Lou Szabo, I was just looking at the head that You are using and while I realize that it is supposed to go with the "S" type body, the neck looks quite a bit larger than the head. Is this just due to the way the photo was taken, or is the head a bit too small for the body? I'd like to know before I spend money and find out that the head IS too small by comparison.
Also, what type of the gloves did You use?
Thanks again, and as always...Cheers
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Larry,
In a few hours I'll get the shipment of the balance of FTC parts, including 2 other heads. Part of my goal is to create a bill of materials so you can save some money creating your own. By the way, this head is from the riddler 4 pack,
WBBTV4pkHenchmen5Riddler.jpg
Molly Head
Molly Head
Just like the head above, they put cellophane around the hair to keep it in place.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Ok, Lou. Thanks! Molly always was my favorite with Leslie Gore coming in a close #2! So do You recommend a different head than the "Yvonne" head or which one are You using exactly please? Thanks.
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

So a bit of news
Neither of the gloves is a good match for the shoes, so I’ll use the darker set. :mrgreen:

Secondly the body is perfect, the belt fits, and the gloves will be heat shrunk to form a tighter fit. We can’t have her with man sized hands

Lastly, the heads. Three very distinct heads, three shades of red. The closest color is the the first head I bought and is made to fit the S body peg. The other Two are designed for the regular body, and are loose on the peg. But that aside which head do you prefer. Note I didn’t push down on the heads, so the neck looks long.

D6CBE87A-5057-4944-B972-5A52086C3F7C.jpeg
5E6F9D39-A47D-4BB5-A0D8-11F5ACE0ABEF.jpeg
DC3A3F15-179B-4A99-BBE2-DFAEC73AA8F6.jpeg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

With Robin
0F45D133-4BB4-46A1-9531-408F503D932D.jpeg
82CF9CDA-F649-4971-ACF8-D294B5481887.jpeg
4D1F6348-AADC-420A-B134-5F3B25AF9142.jpeg
The card dimensions for images
Back side 1.5" x 1.5"
Front 2-1/8 by 1-5/8 (but trim to fit inside TV image.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Lou. Imho, the first one You showed earlier that is designed to fit the "S" body would be my choice for this one reason: It looks less little girl doll- like in the face. BTW, Lou, I just about choked when I saw the price for the Riddler's 4 goons. I won't say what it costs as folks can look it up themselves and I don't want Ben to get on me about mentioning the price.
Cheers
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Larry A. wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:42 pm I won't say what it costs as folks can look it up themselves and I don't want Ben to get on me about mentioning the price.
Cheers
Hey Larry, Scott and I appreciate your caution but there are zero issues with talking about prices of licensed merchandise available from mainstream retail, we have only ever asked that people don't discuss the price of non-licensed stuff and/or personal transactions with private vendors.
66batman.com Merchandise Rules: wrote: If the item is licensed and readily available in stores (like a HotWheels Batmobile at TRU), then general pricing info is okay (Target has this on sale for ...) If you're not sure, then ask a mod first.
app.php/rules
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Larry A. wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:42 pm I just about choked when I saw the price for the Riddler's 4 goons.
The GOON outfits can now all be bought separately. Although the generic hoodie was available from Classic TV Toys long before FTC's GOONS were released commercially. I just added a rat logo.

Robin Riddler and River Rat by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I have had fun putting various famous characters into '66 GOON cameos.

GOONs by Ian McLean, on Flickr

And my custom of Octopus, with the commercial FTC Penguin GOONs.

Goons and the Penguin by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:35 pm
Larry A. wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:42 pm I won't say what it costs as folks can look it up themselves and I don't want Ben to get on me about mentioning the price.
Cheers
Hey Larry, Scott and I appreciate your caution but there are zero issues with talking about prices of licensed merchandise available from mainstream retail, we have only ever asked that people don't discuss the price of non-licensed stuff and/or personal transactions with private vendors.
66batman.com Merchandise Rules: wrote: If the item is licensed and readily available in stores (like a HotWheels Batmobile at TRU), then general pricing info is okay (Target has this on sale for ...) If you're not sure, then ask a mod first.
app.php/rules
Whew!!!! Thanks Scott. I was afraid that I had misunderstood the rule. I can breath again! Cheers
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Larry A. wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:42 pm Hi Lou. Imho, the first one You showed earlier that is designed to fit the "S" body would be my choice for this one reason: It looks less little girl doll- like in the face. BTW, Lou, I just about choked when I saw the price for the Riddler's 4 goons. I won't say what it costs as folks can look it up themselves and I don't want Ben to get on me about mentioning the price.
Cheers
$100, there, I said it.

Larry, I’m inclined to agree, even the hair color is closer. I’m a little surprised the head plug doesn’t work for all heads.
I’ll have the images printed and mounted on the Factory card, then mount it in the Blister pack.

By the way the darker gloves went on easy, so I’m very pleased with that. And the head went on too! I just need to cut the hair. It doesn’t lend itself to styling.

I my original attempt, I think I tried to use more of Robin’s costume, meaning gloves and boots. If I recall correctly, the gloves have the wrist pegs in them. In any case, I’ll post all the parts so you may build your own if you chose!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I look forward to it.
Larry