Hey Chuck, Please show us Your new Navy Blue Leather Batcowl, please?

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Larry A.

Hey Chuck, Please show us Your new Navy Blue Leather Batcowl, please?

Post by Larry A. »

Open note to Chuck Williams. Hi Buddy, I just saw Your new Navy Blue leather Bat cowl on Pinterest. I can't figure out how to send a copy over here so the rest of the Bat-Folks here can also drool over it. Might We have some pictures, please????????????????????????? Thanks in advance!
Larry
AndyFish

Re: Hey Chuck, Please show us Your new Navy Blue Leather Batcowl, please?

Post by AndyFish »

Is this the one, Larry?

This pic is from 13th Dimension who did a pretty in-depth article on it. Blue Cowl on 13th Dimension

He's also got a lighter blue one, but the only pics of it I can see are on Facebook and I will not do Facebook.

I have a friend who owns one of the leather cowls from Chuck and he says it's surprisingly comfortable and not the least bit hot. True craftsmanship of leather isn't easy. I have a gent who makes all my holsters for me and they take several weeks each and they are a lot smaller and less complicated than one of these cowls.
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

My goodness. I know I've seen that before, but it just takes my breath away.

Hollywood... pleaaase.. This is the Batman movie I would love to see. And let him smile once in a while.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

YES!!!!!! The 13th Dimension is where I saw it, come to think of it. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to have Chuck make one of these for me. I like the Navy Blue, but the Black one looks really nice as well. And yes, quality holsters DO take a lot of time. I had one made for my U.N.C.L.E. Mauser. a number of years ago before I had to retire due to medical problems.
For those who don't know, leather, unlike so many fabrics used by costumers, "breaths" allowing for air to move both ways! So, it's not surprising, Andy, that Your friend finds the leather cowl "surprisingly comfortable". I saw the light blue one, but it didn't really impress me like the black and the Navy Blue one. BTW, Andy, Thank You for finding the picture for me and the other fans.
Larry
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Larry A. wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:38 pm Open note to Chuck Williams. Hi Buddy, I just saw Your new Navy Blue leather Bat cowl on Pinterest. I can't figure out how to send a copy over here so the rest of the Bat-Folks here can also drool over it. Might We have some pictures, please????????????????????????? Thanks in advance!
Larry, as per our rules. Please do not put out posts/requests that call upon members in this fashion (this isn't FaceBook). Use the PM system. If they do not respond to the PM that is their business.
Friendly reminder. ;)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Okay-Dokay, Scott. I didn't realize what I posted was against the rule! Sorry, I won't do it again!

so
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Larry A. wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:51 pm YES!!!!!! The 13th Dimension is where I saw it, come to think of it. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to have Chuck make one of these for me. I like the Navy Blue, but the Black one looks really nice as well. And yes, quality holsters DO take a lot of time. I had one made for my U.N.C.L.E. Mauser. a number of years ago before I had to retire due to medical problems.
For those who don't know, leather, unlike so many fabrics used by costumers, "breaths" allowing for air to move both ways! So, it's not surprising, Andy, that Your friend finds the leather cowl "surprisingly comfortable". I saw the light blue one, but it didn't really impress me like the black and the Navy Blue one. BTW, Andy, Thank You for finding the picture for me and the other fans.
I don't know why I never thought of the breathability, except for a long cashmere top coat that I wear all winter, I am a leather coat guy for the other cooler weather, and have been forever, mostly because of the comfort. As someone who doesn't cosplay, I have no experience in wearing any kind of mask for long periods of time but I would imagine comfort would be a big motivator. One of my favorite Cosplay guys in Chicago dresses as Fred Flintstone, complete with water buffalo hat-- and it's genius when that convention floor gets hot-- probably wouldn't wear it in Chicago the other 9 months of the year, but in August, it's a winner.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Andy,
About 35 years ago, using Mark Puette's costume book, I made my 1st, (and to date, only) bat suit. (I wore it to kid's birthday parties for free, BTW.),
I made the base of my cowl out of foam rubber and during the summer, it was miserable. The rest of the suit wasn't far behind. When I can afford a Williams cowl, based on past experience, I imagine the leather cowl will help keep my head cooler.
PTO. P.M. sent

Cheers
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I have my eye on the black one. Navy is a close second because of the rest of the 66 costume accessories.

For black, I’d go with a gray bodysuit, but not light gray.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Lou Szabo, I agree with You. Gray for the black gear, light gray for the blue.
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Royal blue and 50th anniversary cowl
2E9E6F75-FB0C-4B62-AE3D-29414F8A325E.jpeg
8FFA6216-5CB5-4C8D-88F2-C95262FB3CFF.jpeg
55B386C9-490C-4D49-8804-062ED389D566.jpeg
226B88D0-32F3-43F2-9CB2-62A79118AFAD.jpeg
6D5B1DA4-5B9B-4195-83E1-A063D3A2126C.jpeg
Maybe Navy blue is closer?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!