K. G. Bird logo

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

K. G. Bird logo

Post by rsaffle »

Bored at work so here you go Penguin fans.

K. G. Bird logo. Anybody wants it its posted here.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/w13e1apy ... m6airo7n2j
Attachments
vlcsnap-00079.jpg
K G BIRD logo.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Troy

Re: K. G. Bird logo

Post by Troy »

Oh man! Another homerun!!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Are you totally free handing these recreations Randy? It looks great!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

All that was missing was Oswald Cobblepott's Aumt, per the comic. Great Job, Randy.
Larry
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:23 pm Are you totally free handing these recreations Randy? It looks great!
Yes, its kind of freehand but with a computer. I get the best image I can find and straighten it out in Photoshop. Then I try and find the font but that never happens with Batman because most are handpainted or press type. I just draw the shapes and serifs over the photo and weld everything together. The biggest challenge is not making them look too perfect and to imitate the freehand nature. This logo probably took me about 10-15 minutes. I've been doing this type of logo work for 36 years now. Started drawing logos by hand on paper then moved to computer. I really enjoy it. I recreate logos, fonts, draw buildings and design signage all day. Btw, I created the Blockbuster Video ticket logo and font many years ago among others.

When i found a 3D program called Moi3D that works very closely to my work program, CorelDraw it was a natural transition moving into prop designs. The sanding and painting is most of work but the design is much faster and would probably suprise everyone how quickly I actually do them.
Thanks for asking sir.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

“ Btw, I created the Blockbuster Video ticket logo and font many years ago”

😳 WOW! Iconic!