Thoughts on Bat boots of Action costumes?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Bat-fan01

Thoughts on Bat boots of Action costumes?

Post by Bat-fan01 »

Ive seen their merch on their website, the cowl seems very awful, but the boots doesn’t seem bad, but I’m still suspicious. If it’s something bad, then I might go for Duran boots. Anyone knows the quality or accuracy of the boots? Thanks
To The Batcave, Batfans! :D https://youtu.be/QMXiXQ8uRoo
DrewMasie

Re: Thoughts on Bat boots of Action costumes?

Post by DrewMasie »

The quality is probably comparable to most cosplay boots (cheap materials, won't hold up, but low cost). I think the question your decision should be based on is what is your end goal. If you just want to go to a convention as "Batman" or dress up for a party they're probably good enough. They have the right shape, which is better than a generic Batman boot.

If you're going for an accurate Adam West Batman and you have already purchased the WilliamsStudio2 cowl, tights, cape, etc., then the Duran boots are your best bet, but expect to pay $400 - $450.

I found the boots in question on ebay, and they are selling for $349 + $49 shipping. They seem pretty good, but for that price you could probably but a pair of black leather boots and recolor them. Automotive supply stores sell spray paint for leather and vinyl that could do the trick.

I purchased a couple of pairs of cosplay boots, and was never really satisfied with how they looked. I finally gave in and bought a pair from Duran's probably five years ago, but I've worn them exactly twice.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Without disparaging anyone's product I will say that anytime I've tried saving a few dollars over buying the top shelf product I end up spending just as much as the higher end product over the course of upgrades. Just save and get the good ones. Little things work, I stopped buying coffee on the road but each day I dropped the $2-$3 (with tip) was was paying into a big jar in my closet and over the course of a year I saved about $800.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Gaspar gloves are also very expensive, but they are high quality. They have you submit a tracing of your hands, but they use stock sizes, and don't really customize. The fingers in my gloves are too long for my small hands, which I found disappointing after having spent so much. Sometimes even top shelf is not perfect. But, If they are the only source for a replica, then you really have no choice.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Have you considered boot covers? There's a great vendor on Etsy that makes a Batman style in navy blue. That way you could wear any shoes you want. Here's a link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1187416486 ... e-original
Attachments
Screenshot_20220529-113658~2.png
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

That's an interesting idea Drew. It might just work. Thanks!
Larry
Bat-fan01

Post by Bat-fan01 »

DrewMasie wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:08 pm The quality is probably comparable to most cosplay boots (cheap materials, won't hold up, but low cost). I think the question your decision should be based on is what is your end goal. If you just want to go to a convention as "Batman" or dress up for a party they're probably good enough. They have the right shape, which is better than a generic Batman boot.

If you're going for an accurate Adam West Batman and you have already purchased the WilliamsStudio2 cowl, tights, cape, etc., then the Duran boots are your best bet, but expect to pay $400 - $450.

I found the boots in question on ebay, and they are selling for $349 + $49 shipping. They seem pretty good, but for that price you could probably but a pair of black leather boots and recolor them. Automotive supply stores sell spray paint for leather and vinyl that could do the trick.

I purchased a couple of pairs of cosplay boots, and was never really satisfied with how they looked. I finally gave in and bought a pair from Duran's probably five years ago, but I've worn them exactly twice.

Great! They seemed nice and accurate, but it’s good enough for conventions.
To The Batcave, Batfans! :D https://youtu.be/QMXiXQ8uRoo
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

Did you end up buying a pair then? Which ones?