Question Batman Cowl please help

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
CADA

Question Batman Cowl please help

Post by CADA »

Hi, how is everyone doing I haven't posted on this site for a very long time but I am hoping other fans can help me out with this question. As most of you know Chuck and Lynne who make the best 66 Batman in my opinion no longer are making the Ultimate Cowls with that said I have a season 1 Ultimate Cowl but I am having a hard time deciding which Ultimate Cowl Chuck should make me now. He sent me pictures of the Season 2/Movie Cowl which I must admit I happen to like a bit better now that I have seen Chuck's pictures. I did see another that I happen to like as well which is from the final Season 2 episodes but I am still having a hard time deciding on which to choose since the Ultimate Cowls are no more here are the pictures below Season 2/Movie Cowl on the Adam Bust and Pictures of the Cowl from the final Season two episodes I know I asked Chuck this question already but am hoping other fans can help me on which one to choose? thank you
Attachments
icm_fullxfull.462940757_q2i5tnik4a8ok488ogcs.jpg
icm_fullxfull.458647848_i911o6pg6io0kww8k0k4.jpg
icm_fullxfull.458650090_g3levxjccnwwgs44c0ok.jpg
icm_fullxfull.462942889_l9f9lbotbg0o480ow408.jpg
AndyFish

Re: Question Batman Cowl please help

Post by AndyFish »

Completely personal preference-- my favorite being the Pilot Cowl which is unique from most of the other cowls. I'd say close your eyes and try to think of what YOU think of as Adam's cowl, then find the one that best matches that. I have Chuck working on one for me that he's doing some different things too-- he is extremely accommodating, so just try to figure out which one looks "right" to you.
Good luck with it!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Andy,
Are you having a Screentest cowl made? If so, that is fantastic. Love to see that 40-60 hybrid resurrected!
EDF7D839-2040-48CC-8AFF-A5B3FC363B15.jpeg
EDF7D839-2040-48CC-8AFF-A5B3FC363B15.jpeg (26.68 KiB) Viewed 2439 times
9F9A72C6-DDA3-4C20-A8BB-6394D11B1B64.jpeg
5EE66FDE-BA1A-4A68-B3DE-5022AE788F6D.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Afraid not Lou, I'm having him do a sort of homage to my original Wally Cowl since those are no longer made, using fabric that has started to fade to purple. I'll certainly post the results here when it comes in a few weeks from now.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Just my opinion and eye. Go for the movie cowl. The last cowl for Season 2 is a mess. Extremely wonky eyebrows for starters.
Out of my five cowls that I have had (I've been rough on some through the years), my first was a movie style one done by Wally, and then every one since has been Season 1 "Purrfect Crime" based done by Chuck and Lynne. I retired my Wally. I retired my first Chuck after moisture damage in 2010. My second Chuck one's fabric got jacked up at SDCC 2017 (lasted a good seven years of serious wear compared to the ones used on the series). In late 2019, I got my Ultimate Cowl. At that time, I also had my second cowl recovered in the cosplay material and had them both painted to match. The cosplay material looks great and will be the one that's going to be my "stunt cowl" to take a beating if I suit up out in the world again.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

For what it’s worth, I picked the movie cowl, short ear paint.
CADA

Post by CADA »

Thank you to everyone now I am thinking of either the Movie Cowl or The Pilot Cowl- Hi Diddle Riddle has anyone had Chuck make that Cowl for them? thank you
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Got quite a few PMs asking me more about the cowl I'm having Chuck do, here's what Adam's cowl looks like in my head...

PURPLE COWL.jpg

We had a black and white TV when I watched reruns as a kid, then one day I was at a friends house who had one of those giant cabinet TVs where the color was always blurry-- but BAM-- holy revelation! Batman's cowl isn't all black??? And even more, it was PURPLE! The blue might be technically accurate but it just doesn't look right to me.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Yup, it was purple in Sears. I was mesmerized, I couldn't get all the detail in my head at the time.

I did have a Wally Cowl until I bought the 50th Anniversary Chuck cowl. I also like the non-sideburn look of the cowl above - the black on the ear ends at the bottom chevron, like a proper cowl should :P .
CADA

Post by CADA »

Believe it or not I was going to ask Chuck if he ever planned to make the Purple Cowls as well like a lot of people thats how I remember Batman with his purple cowl I happen to like it too.