Customizing the Neca 1/4 scale 1966 Batman

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Planejack777

Customizing the Neca 1/4 scale 1966 Batman

Post by Planejack777 »

Has anyone ever customized their Neca 1/4 scale Batman figure? I think I remember someone having a pair of tights and a satin like cape that was in this scale to be fitted to the figure to provide a more accurate representation of Adam West Character….minus the joints of articulation. If anyone has any info, I’d love to hear, or see it.

Jack
Lou Szabo

Re: Customizing the Neca 1/4 scale 1966 Batman

Post by Lou Szabo »

That was Wally Wingert who had a seamstress make the duds.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Planejack777

Post by Planejack777 »

YES Lou…you are correct. Did he ever do a pictoral journal processing his steps, that he then presented to the Forum for review?

Jack
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yup a few of us had it done-- I don't know if there's a procedural video but I'm told the process was relatively easy because most of the parts come apart with some gentle pressure. The figure with the suit is top notch-- might be nicer than my Hot Toys figure because I like the head sculpt better. I'll try to remember to take some pics and post them of the finished figure with the great emblem just made by a good friend and board member here.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Here are a few shots from my files...I hope they help...I no longer have any of the fabrics or patterns from this project unfortuantely.
Attachments
New Batcape NECAa.jpg
NECA Batman finished-red.JPG
NECA Batman (19).JPG
NECA Batman (17).JPG
NECA (1).jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Well there you go-- Wally saved me some effort. Hiding the joints makes all the difference.