(My) Batcave by Night

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Ben Bentley

(My) Batcave by Night

Post by Ben Bentley »

I've been experimenting with some low-light/after hours lighting options for my home office/Batcave and i'm pretty pleased with what I've come up with so far and snapped some quick WIP photos with my iPhone.

Once my displays are complete i'll be shooting some comprehensive photos with one of my real cameras... haha
77375EE6-0599-4A4A-820E-924BBCD61E8A.jpg
66EE56A3-F84F-43A7-8223-46E6E2091042.jpeg
380C0EF2-2068-4570-BF88-61F97097F751.jpeg
7D76A30D-C671-4E10-A0A3-D0A59FD0EADE.jpeg
0583E1BC-875B-4E73-9F94-2D45DCF0467A.jpeg
02A90A0B-71A4-4B97-B9EA-81A41D906226.jpeg
38485C3C-A0DF-40C8-A8EB-4AAFE9E1C892.jpg
BiffPow

Re: (My) Batcave by Night

Post by BiffPow »

Awesome!! Quite a nice collection and beautifully displayed!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BiffPow wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:16 pm Awesome!! Quite a nice collection and beautifully displayed!
Thanks Sir! Appreciate it.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Ben your displays make my collection look like I'm at a garage sale. Maybe I should move to the UK so I can get it in order. lol
I love the picture of Batman on the steps of the police station behind your Batmobile.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Digging the Batburger sign! Those are the kinds of things I enjoy seeing. Obscure, handmade props. Rsaffle, I agree with the photo of Gotham City Hall - it really sets off the Batmobile display - but I am in awe of your props (is the Batburger sign one of yours?), so have to disagree that your collection would look like a garage sale. It has to be pretty impressive, too!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Nice to see your painted Chuck bust - did Morton paint that for you?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:32 pm Ben your displays make my collection look like I'm at a garage sale. Maybe I should move to the UK so I can get it in order. lol
I love the picture of Batman on the steps of the police station behind your Batmobile.
Thanks Randy, i'm really pleased with it! Having had my stuff in storage for the last few years prior to moving, it's so nice to have it all out!

The photo behind my 1:18 Hotwheels is actually, *me* in full costume running down the steps of Commissioner Gordon's office on the Warner Bros studio backlot, talk about next level wish fulfillment! My pass to allow entry to the lot is what you can see to the left of the framw. I'm very lucky to have some of the best friends around who facilitated that escapade, haha.

I don't have that specific photo to hand as it's on one of my archived hard drives, but here's a frame from just before it in the sequence of shots.

BiffPow wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:24 pm Digging the Batburger sign! Those are the kinds of things I enjoy seeing. Obscure, handmade props. Rsaffle, I agree with the photo of Gotham City Hall - it really sets off the Batmobile display - but I am in awe of your props (is the Batburger sign one of yours?), so have to disagree that your collection would look like a garage sale. It has to be pretty impressive, too!
I adore my Bat-Burger sign! Back in 2006 I had a print made from the great repro artwork that our very Lee Kirkham had created and shared with our community here on the Message Board. The "Vote for Batman/Pengy" art that I have in the cabinet behind my Billy Belt was also Lee's handiwork. You can find the graphic files in the Member Art section of the board: http://www.66batman.com/members-artwork ... ee-kirkham

Lou Szabo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:11 pm Nice to see your painted Chuck bust - did Morton paint that for you?
My mini-Chuck bust is still nekkid! It's the blue light hitting it that makes it look painted. Morton never got back to me once I was home from tour, i'll have to follow up with him after the holidays.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

WOW!!!!! Definitely appreciate that!!!

So very, VERY cool! Great Batman experience on the lot!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

BiffPow wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:58 pm WOW!!!!! Definitely appreciate that!!!
I'm not trying to compete with Lee's poster but here is a link to the Burger art I made with KG Bird and Gotham Beach posters too.

Thanks for sharing your computer. Would love to see any behind the scenes construction or making shots too. Love creative people!!

Appreciate the photo too Ben! I love it more knowing that is you on the steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/w13e1apy ... m6airo7n2j
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

rsaffle wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:49 pm
BiffPow wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:58 pm WOW!!!!! Definitely appreciate that!!!
I'm not trying to compete with Lee's poster but here is a link to the Burger art I made with KG Bird and Gotham Beach posters too.

Thanks for sharing your computer. Would love to see any behind the scenes construction or making shots too. Love creative people!!

Appreciate the photo too Ben! I love it more knowing that is you on the steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/w13e1apy ... m6airo7n2j

This is the most generous and talented group ever! Truly! Have been wanting graphics like these for my son to use in dioramas! THANK YOU, one and all!!
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

:o Most excellent artwork! Blown away. :D
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

What a great collection Ben. Well displayed and unique.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:25 pm What a great collection Ben. Well displayed and unique.
Yes. Fun and uplifting!
Simon Trent

Post by Simon Trent »

Fantastic display Ben! Thank you for sharing!!
maniac cop 5

Post by maniac cop 5 »

There may be bigger, more complete collections but that is the most moody, thought provoking room display ive ever seen.
Absolutely beautiful!