Batgirl walkies.

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
BiffPow

Batgirl walkies.

Post by BiffPow »

For the same Halloween party as when I made the Batscanner, I also made Batgirl’s walkie (minus the lace) for the guests who dressed as Yvonne Craig’s Batgirl.

I know lots of folks on here have made them, too. The text was the hardest part. All I had were screenshots, but when viewed/printed life-size, there were gaps from the photo file being too small. So I reconstructed the text by filling in the gaps pixel by pixel.🥴

One photo compares it to the original in the Azarian collection (inset).
Attachments
21AE4E63-A539-407B-BF76-B178DCADDA4F.jpeg
7029C741-A280-470B-96E2-B8FBCBB8D4A6.jpeg
rsaffle

Re: Batgirl walkies.

Post by rsaffle »

These look great!
I designed and 3d printed one of these and before I could finish was gifted one needing the paint. I need to get back to finishing it and I'm going for the lace too. Question...how did you do the gold labels? Is it black vinyl on reflective gold vinyl? I have a Cricut now but I had tried to do a waterslide decal over gold vinyl and it didn't work / last.

I say add the lace! lol
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BiffPow

Re: Batgirl walkies.

Post by BiffPow »

Thanks! The labels were just printed on heavy gold card stock, and then carefully laminated and cut.