Turntable in the Batcave sets

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Larry A.

Turntable in the Batcave sets

Post by Larry A. »

Greetings, Batfans,
I was just at a local thrift shop, and I noticed a "Lazy Susan" and why it just struck me, I don't know. However, it struck me that a "Lazy Susan" slightly modified and set into a piece of wood would make a great turntable for the Batmobile in some of the play sets.

Just a thought to throw out to those of You who collect the action figures.

Cheers!
Larry
Ben Bentley

Re: Turntable in the Batcave sets

Post by Ben Bentley »

Larry A. wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:00 pm Greetings, Batfans,
I was just at a local thrift shop, and I noticed a "Lazy Susan" and why it just struck me, I don't know. However, it struck me that a "Lazy Susan" slightly modified and set into a piece of wood would make a great turntable for the Batmobile in some of the play sets.

Just a thought to throw out to those of You who collect the action figures.

Cheers!
Great minds think alike! I actually have one that I purchased at Home Goods that just needs a little modification and paint job, then it will be residing in my McFarlane cave.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

So true, my Friend!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

They included one in the Factory Entertainment Batcave, and I painted one for the 1/64 Batcave, but you are right, a turntable, especially with a remote, is fun in these larger scales. The electric models are mad for everything from 1/64 to 1/18, but I’ve not found one for 1/12 or larger, so these laze Susan’s are a great choice. My wife has one that looks like white/gray marble. We have a glass version that might work with 1/6 scale. That could be built into a base, but the case would need to be about 45” wide and long.

Links to stores are always helpful...
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

As far as links go, I, unfortunately, have to say that where I might find one at the local Goodwill Stores or Salvation Army Red Shield stores, the ones in my area might not work for ones in say, someone else's area.

I have seen them on the "Shop Goodwill" site.

Cheersw!
Larry
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I have been considering. The cardboard disc in the Mcfarlane Batcave could be placed over a hole in a false floor, leaving hiding space for the rotating mechanism at the centre. Or set up the playset over an old portable record player's turntable.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Ian, That works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

You probably need a 20" turntable. I have a calculator somewhere to determine the ring sizes against various scales of cars. You'd be surprised how big it is.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Not necessarily, Lou. put a proper size platter on top and just inset the platter the amount of the thickness of the platter. Just a thought. Cheers!
Larry