World globe for the Wayne Manor Library playset

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Therin of Andor

World globe for the Wayne Manor Library playset

Post by Therin of Andor »

Contemplating how to make use of this “vintage” pencil sharpener (left) that I found recently in a second hand store. It wasn’t till a few days later that I realised that the metal world globe on it was assembled upside down. Not easily disassembled. The plastic globe accessory (right) in the new “Batman ‘66” Wayne Manor Library playset is very similar. Wanting to combine the two somehow…

Considering world globes by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BiffPow

Re: World globe for the Wayne Manor Library playset

Post by BiffPow »

Great idea! Frankly, in my opinion, one is as accurate as the other, so if you want to just use the pencil sharpener, I think it would add a touch of realism.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

BiffPow wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:30 pm Great idea! Frankly, in my opinion, one is as accurate as the other, so if you want to just use the pencil sharpener, I think it would add a touch of realism.
Yes, will need tin-snips to get the globe out and turn it around, then repair the axis. I assumed I could just pop it out and replace. But it will be tricky.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

If anyone has the skill to do it, you do.