Dr Cassandra's Camouflage Invisibility Pills prop

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Dr Cassandra's Camouflage Invisibility Pills prop

Post by rsaffle »

Dr. Cassandra and her husband Cabala are behind a string of invisible robberies, thanks to their camouflage pills. When Batman, Robin, and Batgirl attempt to stop their next theft, the crooks turn them into 2-dimensional figures with their Alvino ray gun. Dr. Cassandra then begins work on her final plan - releasing all the super criminals from prison to join her invisible force.

S3.E25
The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra

This is one of those props that I started some time ago and never finished up. I used a tube from an eyeglass repair kit and made the rest. I needed something to compliment the Alvino Ray Gun I had made. The shape of the cap reminds me of Cassandra's Derby, but that was probably just luck...just like how I found real invisibility pills on Amazon.
Attachments
invis pill.jpg
invis pill b.jpg
INVIS PILLS BOTTLE.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BiffPow

Re: Dr Cassandra's Camouflage Invisibility Pills prop

Post by BiffPow »

Ha ha ha ha ha! Randy, you are a phenomenal creative force! When are you going to open a market to sell this stuff? I mean, come on! There’s only so much brilliance that we can stand to sit by and watch without owning! At the very least, make a set of these things to go in the new museum. Or maybe they can sell them in their gift shop! Limited editions of 1966.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

GROOOOOVY! Haha

These both turned out nicely, Sir! As sloppy as this episode was, it was one of the very small batch that I had taped off of TV in 1994 and rewatched endlessly until the tape wore out. So it's fair to say that the Alvino Ray Gun has been a prop seared into my brain from the get go.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Definitely one of my favourite episodes. Originally it was so elusive and I had no idea, for several years, that it wasn’t an episode with eight big-name guest villains!

I covet both of those props. Excellent!

I also remember the day when I spotted an unpainted fish cane basket in “Surf’s Up! Joker’s Under!” and again, now painted orange, for Dr Cassandra! Love a bit of recycling — and most of Cassandra’s outfit has been seen before!

Dr Cassandra in her new cell by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Excellent job on the figure and wicker fish bag, Ian!

I’m sure you guys have answered this question, but I always thought that the wicker fish purse carried by Dr. Cassandra was one of the old Midas of Miami, Florida wicker bags. Am I correct?
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

BiffPow wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:55 am I’m sure you guys have answered this question, but I always thought that the wicker fish purse carried by Dr. Cassandra was one of the old Midas of Miami, Florida wicker bags. Am I correct?
I dunno, but I remember seeing similar objects in the late 60s.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)