Will Green Hornet ever come to DVD?

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Will Green Hornet ever come to DVD?

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Ultimately, if the Batman Blu Rays have taught us anything, its that TV copies are horrible compared to the way the film originally captured images, so for me, its painful to watch copies recorded from TV. There's so much information lost.
Beneath Wayne Manor
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

weirdkorey wrote:
Fatbat wrote:Thank goodness I recorded the entire series UNCUT off the Action Channel years ago...without commercials on VHS @ SP! It actually reran for well over a year or so from episode 1 to the end multiple times.
I actually have a copy of the ones from encore action channel & I'm pretty sure on The Silent Gun there was a scene edited out at the end which accounts to about 30-45 seconds approximately it involves Brit Reid in his office. I don't think any other scenes from any other episode were missing though & I would still consider this probably the best quality version I have seen

True, The Encore Action airing was missing "The Silent Gun" epilogue, and the second parts of the two-parters
also were missing the part one recaps that preceded the theme sequence.
HELLOLARRY

Post by HELLOLARRY »

True. The Silent Gun is missing the epilog and the two parters are all missing the next week promos at the end of pt 1 and the recaps at the beginning of part 2.

There are also some fun little 30 second promos at the end of the first 4 or so eps.

I had a complete set from 16mm and recorded the series from action. I edited in the missing tag all and all the promos along with the in color bumper (used the correct bumper for the pilot as it had music and not just the hornet sound) and fox fanfare / ABC presentation at the end when I transfered everything to DVD years ago. Even did a bonus disc with the two test films, Bruce Lee screen test, appearance on Milton Berle Show, outtakes (from that Bruce Lee import DVD), and misc promos.

Id still buy a blu ray once released but I did put a lot of time into my version of the series.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

NJ_Batfan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:12 pm
weirdkorey wrote:
Fatbat wrote:Thank goodness I recorded the entire series UNCUT off the Action Channel years ago...without commercials on VHS @ SP! It actually reran for well over a year or so from episode 1 to the end multiple times.
I actually have a copy of the ones from encore action channel & I'm pretty sure on The Silent Gun there was a scene edited out at the end which accounts to about 30-45 seconds approximately it involves Brit Reid in his office. I don't think any other scenes from any other episode were missing though & I would still consider this probably the best quality version I have seen

True, The Encore Action airing was missing "The Silent Gun" epilogue, and the second parts of the two-parters
also were missing the part one recaps that preceded the theme sequence.
Post FX airings in the early 90s, TGH has always suffered a number of edits, such as Dozier's narration over the preview at the end of "Invasion from Outer Space: Part One", where he refers to the concluding episode as a "final" adventure. To me, that meant he was announcing end of the series. I had the FX version on VHS, but its so degraded that I'm afraid of attempting a digital transfer.
Beneath Wayne Manor